Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Chargeback Specialist II for our San Antonio Home Office, TX location.
- Resolves complex member disputes to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Handles all aspects of the Signature First Chargeback.
- May also handle Representments, Arbitration Chargeback, Pre-Compliance, Compliance, Pre-Arbitration, Arbitration and Good Faith.
- Stays current on all applicable regulatory statutes.
- Investigates complex dispute claims in accordance with rules and regulations with a high degree of accuracy and within prescribed time limits.
- Processes Provisional and/or Permanent Credit to member’s account.
- Provides and engages in customer service activities to determine member needs and provide appropriate resolution, to include occasionally calling out to the merchant for resolution.
- Communicates the results of dispute inquiry to a member in a professional manner via telephone/mail/email.
- Maintains comprehensive understanding of complex card industry rules and federal regulations, analyzes and recommends proper reason codes on all charge-backs and ensures accurate documentation is obtained to minimize the FSB exposure to loss.
- Demonstrates analytical problem solving skills by accurately identifying the issue and determining the best solution utilizing specific MasterCard/Visa rules and Federal Regulations in an attempt to recover funds on the member’s behalf.
- Performs all support tasks to ensure regulatory and MasterCard/Visa Association rules are met.
- Seeks guidance from senior team members to resolve issues and to identify appropriate issues for escalation.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
- 2 or more years of customer contact experience in a sales, military or call center environment via telephone and e-mail.
- Developing knowledge of Windows operating system environment and Microsoft Office tools.
- Developing knowledge of job specific systems and tools (e.g., Portal, Fidelity, EOS Reports, Enterprise Work List, Debit Card Command Center, VROL, Portfolio Viewer).
- Developing knowledge in MasterCard/Visa guidelines to include chargeback reason codes.
- Developing knowledge of Regulation E and/or Z.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- 2+ years experience with end-to-end Debit Card Dispute processing
- 2+ years experience with Debit Card Disputes
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving experience
- Experience processing Representment/Responses, Arbitration, Pre-compliance and good-faith cases
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 06/23/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
At USAA, you’ll find a welcoming environment where everyone has a true passion for our mission. Our employees are immersed in a culture that profoundly embraces the service and sacrifices made by those we serve – the U.S. military and their families.