Catering Manager 4
Use your passion for service to create a positive impact and make a difference in the communities we serve! SodexoMAGIC is a joint Sodexo/ Magic Johnson venture and we are thrilled to be celebrating our 10-year anniversary together this year! SodexoMAGIC promises to empower the communities we serve by offering best-in-class food & facilities management solutions, which create a positive impact and make a difference in the lives of our clients and customers. SodexoMAGIC offers our dedicated service via the following Sodexo segments: Corporate Services, Hospitals, K-12 Schools, Universities.
Sodexo Magic is looking for a Catering Manager 4 for our Corporate Services account the Federal Reserve Bank In Boston MA!. The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is a premier site, featuring a conference center and dining room over-looking the seaport district of Boston.
The Catering Manager 4 will direct the day to day operations of the Conference Services & Catering Department. Will manage the Catering or Conference client relationship daily while ensuring customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for all facets of the Catering and Conference operations. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through the implementation of services and creation of opportunities for growth. Other duties include but not limited to:
- Coordinates all bookings of conference space and ensures end to end guest experience
- Liaise with Bank Administrative staff & Third-party tenants to ensure all day to day catering needs are met
- Facilitates the sales process for all conferences and caterings before transitioning to operational managers for execution including defining objectives, timetables, floor plans, banquet event orders, contracts and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan.
- Ensures the Sodexo Conference & Catering Service team consistently delivers a high level of service.
- Continuously meet and/or exceed client expectations.
- Partner with General Manager to develop and implement operational policies and procedures and train staff.
- Work with Executive Chef to create custom menus fitting the needs and budget of clients, while maintaining proper budgeted margins
- Maintain and update core and seasonal catering menus working with General Manager and Executive Chef
This position offers a traditional Business and Industry, predominantly Monday through Friday, schedule. Accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation per year (first year pro-rated based on date of hire). Medical Benefits beginning date of hire, and 401K with company match eligible. Sound like the opportunity you've been searching for? Apply today to grow with Sodexo, a world leader in Quality of Life Services!
The SodexoMAGIC partnership represents the union of two global brands that operate at peak performance. Sodexo, a long-standing leader in “quality of life solutions” around the globe, and Magic Johnson Enterprises, the brainchild of NBA all-star Earvin Magic Johnson, who literally took the game to new heights. To learn more about SodexoMAGIC and read a message from Earvin “Magic” Johnson himself click here.
Provides supervision for catering services at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Oversees a highly complex and high volume of catering sales and functions in excess of $1.5M in managed catering volume.
Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through the implementation of services and creation of opportunities for growth. Plans projects, including defining objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo's strategic plan.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in catering, food production, or food service management or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.