Catering Manager 4
Do you have a passion for food and strong leadership skills?
Sodexo Corporate Services is looking for a Catering Manager 4 to join our team in Downtown Chicago. Sodexo Corporate Services has a great opportunity for a creative and detail oriented Catering Manager. This position will oversee daily operations of a $3.5M account focusing on Catering and Conference Center logistics. We a seeking a passionate, hands-on manager who can build and grow this new piece of business. Seeking an experienced leader with a catering and culinary background preferred and the ability to engage front line teams to drive performance.
This position must have excellent customer service skills as well as the ability to manage, direct, and coordinate multiple events throughout the day.
Why apply to this position?
- This position offers a predominantly Monday through Friday daytime schedule (with the need to flex as business requires)
- This position involves great variety daily
- There is a great opportunity to make an impact and build a great team
- Sodexo provides unparalleled opportunities for career advancement; this position can facilitate promotions in the future
- You’ll have independence and autonomy
- You’ll report to an experienced and knowledgeable manager
You possess the following:
- A financial acumen for managing the budget, staffing & client relations
- Experience managing culinary operations with accountability
- An ability to demonstrate excellence in client and customer relations, team motivation
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to motivate employees to bring their best everyday
- The skills to embrace a team-based culture that values partnership, collaboration and innovation
- Managing the daily catering, food service logistics
- Ensuring Sodexo Culinary Standards
- Labor and food cost control
- Client catering
- Innovating and finding savings
- Menu planning
- Inventory Management
- Coaching, training and development of the culinary staff
- Financial Responsibility (P&L, food and labor cost)
Provides supervision for catering services at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Oversees a highly complex and high volume of catering sales and functions in excess of $1.5M in managed catering volume.
Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through the implementation of services and creation of opportunities for growth. Plans projects, including defining objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo's strategic plan.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in catering, food production, or food service management or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.