Catering Manager 4
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Catering Manager 4 for Brandeis University.
Brandeis University located in Waltham, MA
There is no other place like Brandeis. As a medium-sized private research university with global reach, we are dedicated to first-rate undergraduate education while making groundbreaking discoveries.
Our 235-acre campus is located in the suburbs of Boston, a global hub for higher education and innovation.
Brandeis Dining is recruiting a strong catering leader to join our team. Experience working in a union environment is a plus. Kosher experience desired, but not required.
As our Catering Director, you will oversee all aspects of catering operations. Successful candidate will oversees all types of events from a simple coffee drop off to creating larger VIP wedding experiences. Reporting directly to the General Manager, you will oversee approximately 4 supervisor and a very strong catering staff.
Keys to success with this position is someone that is creative, a great communicator, able to grow the business, client facing and passionate about providing over the top customer service!
Responsibilities will include: Start to finish catering over-site, working directly with customers and clients, ensuring innovative food presentations, providing top-notch service levels and creating positive and memorable catering experience!
The ideal candidate will have experience to include:
- Banquet/catering management experience;
- Ability to direct and manage multiple priorities;
- Excellent interpersonal and client relation skills;
- Experience training, mentoring and leading a team;
- Experience writing, costing and pricing catering menus;
- Experience driving sales and controlling costs;
Provides supervision for catering services at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Oversees a highly complex and high volume of catering sales and functions in excess of $1.5M in managed catering volume.
Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through the implementation of services and creation of opportunities for growth. Plans projects, including defining objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo's strategic plan.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in catering, food production, or food service management or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.