Catering Manager 3
Sodexo is seeking a talented and experienced Catering Manager 3 to round out our Sodexo Universities team at the University of Mary Washington located in historic Fredericksburg, VA, fifty miles south of Washington, DC!
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE is available for this exciting opportunity!
The Catering Manager reports to the Catering Director and will oversee the entire day to day operation of the catering department, working with clients/customers to arrange and follow through on all catering details and ensuring all special requests are met- including decor/presentation and attention to detail.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter and will have/be:
- demonstrated knowledge of catering and catering logistics, casual and fine dining, and banquet management;
- creative, has excellent event execution/planning skills, and is visionary in regards to buffet presentations;
- excellent interpersonal skills and excels in client/customer, guest, and employee relations;
- excellent communication skills;
- ability to work independently and with others managers to manage the daily operations of the catering department through direct supervision of non-exempt/hourly employees, including hiring, orientating, scheduling, training, and developing employees;
- excellent time management skills, adapts well to dynamic change, and is driven to get the job done with excellence in a timely manner;
- high level of integrity and considers the best interest of our employees, clients/customers, and our operation;
- experience in high volume activity, employee/staff training, labor management and control systems;
- Demonstrates eagerness, enthusiasm, optimism, passion, and integrity on the job.
Sound like the opportunity you have been looking for? APPLY TODAY!
Oversight of catering activities for a medium to large size location/unit with less than $1.5M in managed catering volume. Complex events with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering solutions. Large amount of high profile events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.