Cambia Grove Operations Internship
Cambia Grove Operations Internship
This part-time internship is scheduled to begin the second week of September and conclude in January.
Responsibilities & Requirements
The Cambia Grove is a health care innovation hub working to bridge the gap between entrepreneurs and the traditional health care sectors to drive system-wide transformation. Our goals include building a community of health care changemakers and catalyzing system level solutions to increase innovation. Please visit our website at https://www.cambiagrove.com/ to learn more about our work.
We are looking for an engaging and collaborative college student or recent college graduate to join our creative, dynamic team to transform health care. This role is a great launching pad for those seeking to build a career in health care, health care innovation or business operations. The Cambia Grove Operations Intern will have the unique opportunity to assist in the operations for a dynamic space that connects, nurtures and expands a community of leading health care innovators.
The Cambia Grove Operations Intern will be an integral member of the Cambia Grove team and will perform the following duties:
- Welcome and invite health care community members to engage with Cambia Grove
- Maintain a 9,000 square foot co-working space
- Assist in planning and executing a wide variety of meetings and events at the Cambia Grove
- Research around health care startups and data resources
- Analyze business operations opportunities; establish best practices
Possible projects may include:
- Edit and update Operations Manual
- Update and optimize Cambia Grove’s Health Care Startup Census and Data Resource Directory
- Develop and execute standard operating procedures for programs and events
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program. (Candidates who have completed their degree program in the last three months are also encouraged to apply.)
- A passion for health care transformation
- Very strong personal skills, highly organized and a strong work ethic. Comfortable around internal and external executives.
- Experience in an office setting. Experience in health care preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite highly desired
- Comfortable with audio visual equipment
- Minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Must have U.S. work authorization
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have over a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]