1st Shift, Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Logistics done differently.
Are you are always looking for better, more efficient ways to do things? At XPO Logistics, we are looking for people like you who can effectively identify strategies to help people and systems work smarter. As the Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, you will be responsible for designing and building analytics-based tools, which are technically sophisticated yet easy to understand and use. You’ll also develop solutions that leverage and expand upon the company Business Intelligence (BI) platform, with deliverables ranging from descriptive and diagnostic reporting to predictive and prescriptive decision automation. Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Join us in this critical role and position both yourself and XPO for long-term success.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Build reports, visualizations and dashboards using BI tools and practices; create solution designs that use statistical approaches, machine learning and related disciplines based on industry standard tools, libraries and approaches
- Engage with stakeholders across the organization to align priorities, communicate solution design trade-offs and recommendations, and build and execute development plans
- Design user interfaces, tool screens, and end-user workflows to maximize understandability of information, ease of use, and alignment with XPO aesthetic and usability standards
- Improve technical design patterns, workflows and tools on a continuous basis
- Define and enforce standards to sustain the platform’s effectiveness; experiment with and promote adoption of new tools and approaches when appropriate
- Assist other team members and partners with technical skills, best practices, problem-solving approaches and standard patterns
- Share technical approaches and best practices among other developers, and simplify and communicate success stories to broader audiences across the company
- Support end users to ensure they have reliable access to and understanding of the data they need to do their jobs effectively
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 3 years of experience in business intelligence and data analytics, delivering business solutions that rely on effective availability, usability and understandability of data and analytical workflows
- Solid understanding of data modeling and integration (ETL) designs and approaches
- Experience analyzing large, complex, multidimensional datasets with data querying languages (SQL), BI Tools (MicroStrategy, PowerBI, Tableau, etc.), programming languages (Python, Java, Scala, etc.), and statistical/mathematical software (R, Weka, SAS, Matlab)
- Understanding of best practices and principles in SQL, query design, data validation/automation and analytic functions
- Understanding of differences between various database architectures, such as Netezza, Oracle, Postgres, Teradata, DB2, SQL server and/or Access
- Knowledge of machine learning, such as k-nearest neighbors, random forests, ensemble methods and their corresponding implementation packages in R (Caret, RandomForest, Rweka, etc.) and Python (SciKit-Learn, TensorFlow, Keras, NLTK, etc.)
- Understanding of data warehouse concepts including patterns for time variance and generic vs. explicit data structures, standards-based approaches for object names and data types, and using logical data models to document and explain business objectives
- Experience taking care of both structured and unstructured data using Hadoop or similar technologies to recognize patterns and generate insights
It’d be great if you also have:
- MBA or Master’s degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- BI and analytics coursework completed from Coursera, Udacity, Data Camp, etc.
- Certified Business Intelligence Professional from Transforming Data with Intelligence (TDWI) and R/Python certifications
- 3 years of experience delivering BI and data analytics solutions that involve statistical modeling or machine learning and the use of associated R/Python libraries and tooling, which emphasize effective design and usability for end users
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Named one of the world’s most admired companies by Fortune magazine, XPO is a global leader in logistics and transportation, providing cutting-edge supply chain solutions to successful companies around the globe. Our 100,000 talented employees work at over 1,500 locations in 32 countries. We’re [...]