Business Development Executive
Business Development Executive
The Business Development Executive (BDE) will represent Regence by selling all lines of business including Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness, Life and Disability and affiliated solutions, etc. The BDE must demonstrate knowledge of all product lines and work collaboratively with other Regence affiliates sales staff and internal stakeholders to achieve goals. It will be responsible for strategic territory and producer relationship development. This position must demonstrate flexibility and agility to acquire new business in a variety of market segments including small, mid-size and large group-size in assigned territory. The BDE must be able to effectively support producers and new employer groups throughout the onboarding process. They will sell direct and /or through broker/agent.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- A proven track record of success achieving sales goals and transitioning accounts.
- Ability to plan and execute an effective sales approach, including a top prospect list and sales pipeline.
- Detailed understanding of complexities with ability to communicate and to negotiate all areas related to the sales functions (i.e. underwriting, value proposition, sales, renewals, etc.)
- Ability to engage in community/ networking opportunities outside of normal business hours
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective business relationships.
- Demonstrated successful consistent focus on achieving or surpassing results/goals.
- Displays an enthusiastic, fully committed and self-directed approach to work.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Salesforce and Chatter.
- Proven success remaining organized and prioritizing work to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to use tools to build complex Cost Modeling scenarios.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills that flex for the audience and must be comfortable with and compelling while speaking in a group environment.
- Demonstrates proficiency in desktop application software including Outlook, Word, Excel, SFDC and creating presentations.
- Ability to successfully present to groups of various sizes including, Broker education, community speaking and open enrollment meetings.
- Proven ability to adapt within an ever-changing business environment.
- Must be currently licensed, or must become licensed within 90 days of hire, to sell insurance (health, life, and /or disability) in the state or states where business is conducted. Prior to receiving a license staff are not allowed to engage in soliciting or selling activities and will not be eligible for sales incentive compensation.
- Must have a valid state driver’s license with a good driving record and proof of auto insurance.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
- Business Development Executive would have a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field and 4 years of sales experience with 2 years preferred in employee benefits or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Regence employees are part of the larger Cambia family of companies, which seeks to drive innovative health solutions. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Regence is 2.2 million members, here for our families, co-workers and neighbors, helping each other be and stay healthy and provide support in time of need. We've been here for members more than 90 years. Regence is a nonprofit health care company offering individual and group medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Medicare and other government programs as well as pharmacy benefit management. We are the largest health insurer in the Northwest/Intermountain Region, serving members as Regence BlueShield of Idaho, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah and Regence BlueShield (in Washington). Each plan is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
If you’re seeking a career that affects change in the health care system, consider joining our team at Cambia Health Solutions. We advocate for transforming the health care system by making health care more affordable and accessible, increasing consumers’ engagement in their health care decisions, and offering a diverse range of products and services that promote the health and well-being of our members. Cambia's portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]