Reporting to the VP, Global Alliances & Channels, Tanium is seeking a Business Development Director – MSP/MSSP. This role is responsible for developing and expanding Tanium’s Managed Services and Managed Security Services Provider program and ecosystem that will become an integral part of the next phase of growth for Tanium. The individual that fills this position will work with key stakeholders in the regions and various corporate functions to define and launch a new program to leverage MSPs and MSSPs to pen new markets for Tanium.
As the lead and key driver of expanding our partner ecosystem and programs, this position will work closely with internal teams including Partner Programs, Partner Operations, Partner Marketing, Partner Enablement, various field partner organizations, Sales, Finance, Legal and other groups within Tanium that support the overall Alliances and Channels organization.
What you'll do:
- Develop and own a program to support MSPs and MSSPs
- Evaluate and recommend the proper licensing types for Managed Service Providers
- Work with the Partner Programs team to develop a criteria and benefits table for MSPs and MSSPs
- Work with Partner Operations and other stakeholders to develop appropriate incentive and reward models for MSPs and MSSPs
- Work with Legal to develop the appropriate contract frameworks for MSPs & MSSPs
- Work with our partner enablement team to develop any necessary modifications or adjustments to our standard partner training program
- Work with development to ensure that Tanium’s solutions are optimized for a managed service environment
- Be creative and think outside the box to develop new areas of business
We're looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years experience working in a Business Development capacity for an IT/Software company with focus on MSPs and/or MSSPs
- And/Or Experience working at an MSPs or MSSP
- Experience working in a multi-partner type Alliances & Channels organization
- Track record of developing new areas of business with MSPs and/or MSSPs
- Project management skills and strong attention to details
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Team player with proven track record in working effectively with cross-functional teams
- Strong ability to influence at all levels, internally and externally
- Creative with a drive to build something new
- Some travel required (about 25-30%)
At Tanium, we empower the world's largest organizations to manage and protect their mission-critical networks. There's a reason why 6 of the top 10 retailers, 12 of the top 15 US banks, and 4 of the US Armed Forces use Tanium. We provide lightning-fast capabilities at their fingertips to see everything and do anything across their computer networks – with unparalleled scale.
We pride ourselves on being unstoppable in the pursuit of our mission. We are diverse problem solvers driven to do the right thing and win as a team.
Join our team at tanium.com/careers/.
Tanium was founded by father and son entrepreneurs, David and Orion Hindawi, who wanted to solve a seemingly impossible problem facing the world’s biggest companies: how to see and manage their millions of endpoints around the world in a matter of seconds. Today, our platform is being used [...]