Business Analyst I, II or Senior
Business Analyst I, II or Senior
Provide the organization direct support of ongoing improvement efforts through process improvement functions and performance management initiatives.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
Responsibilities & Requirements
General Functions and Outcomes:
- Analyzes data and prepares reports, for users-utilization, costs, trends.
- Performs statistical analysis and data modeling as required by user requests and make recommendations.
- Maintains existing and develop new information reporting systems to support requirements of internal and external users.
- Analyzes and evaluates impacts of new products, systems and work processes on data and reporting systems.
- Works with departments responsible for transactions systems to assure reporting data is captured and the integrity and reliability of the data is maintained.
- Assist business analysts in other departments with interpretation of data and the appropriate uses of data tools and reporting algorithms.
- Provides training to business analysts in query and report preparation for the purpose of improving report consistency.
- Communicates results of analysis and recommendations in verbal and written form.
- Communicates with information users to determine reporting requirements.
- Performs data mining, analysis and reporting of operational, compliance and financial performance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Facilitates efforts and business objectives through cost quality reporting and analysis.
- Analyses of process design and operational performance metrics. Finds gaps or areas of improvement and recommends solutions.
- Assesses current operations, information technology, and financial processes and controls to determine where inefficiencies exist; Performs additional monitoring and analysis once a remedy has been implemented.
- Creates and executes controls testing for operational effectiveness.
- Identify process improvement opportunities in cost, quality and delivery of processes, create recommended solutions and apply as directed.
- Develop and maintain process documentation describing the flow of information, the application of resources and expected outcomes in terms of cost, quality and delivery.
- Lead teams or work groups of mixed background and skill sets to achieve solutions to assigned work in the areas of operations, compliance or finance.
- Compile data and develop the algorithms to create new scorecard metrics for the organization.
- Experience developing business requirements in support of changes to existing processes.
- Ability to perform process gap analysis and provide output needed to support re-engineering efforts.
- Ability to write, launch and analyze the results from Excel data queries.
- Exceptional presentation skills. Ability to prepare clear, concise written narratives, memoranda, and reports.
- Ability to organize, plan, prioritize and complete complex assignments with little or no supervision and within prescribed time frames.
- Skilled with PC software, such as: Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint. Expert in Excel.
- Demonstrated success with understanding the most important details with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success in leading groups to consensus.
- Excellent communication skills with a willingness to work in a collaborative manner.
- Ability to develop operational and financial metrics.
- Must possess strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation in the application of data and information to support strategic and tactical planning.
- Expert understanding of financial models.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
- Business Analyst I would have a Bachelor’s degree in business management, computer science, healthcare administration or related field and 3 years’ experience in defining and analyzing business requirements, process modeling, functional systems design or configuration and/or acceptance testing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Business Analyst II would have a Bachelor’s degree in business management, computer science, healthcare administration or related field and 5 years’ experience in defining and analyzing business requirements, process modeling, functional systems design or configuration and/or acceptance testing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Senior Business Analyst would have a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s strongly preferred) in Business, Health Information Administration, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related field with at least 10 years’ experience in data analysis and report design or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have over a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]