Are you interested in joining one of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies? If so, you have come to the right place. Stanley Black & Decker is an $11B Fortune 500 company that offers a rich and storied history dating back to 1843.
This opportunity resides within STANLEY Convergent Security, a global division of Stanley Black & Decker. At STANLEY Convergent Security we design, install, service, and monitor electronic security systems that integrate intrusion, fire, video surveillance, access control and monitoring applications. With today's most comprehensive solutions, services, and technologies, STANLEY Convergent Security is the electronic security system provider of choice for industrial, government, commercial, and national account customers such as schools, hospitals, retailers, financial institutions, airports and more.
Currently, we are in an accelerated growth phase in a rapidly expanding industry. There’s never been a better time to join our security team. We are seeking a motivated, self-driven individual looking for a long-term position as a Branch Coordinator for our Security Business.
- Review Service Backlog daily for any new direct work orders.
- Upon booking, make initial contact with the customer to confirm scope, site readiness, contact information, authorized signatories, and establish a customer promise date.
- Create purchase requisition sent to the centralized purchasing team for ordering of material and lifts.
- Act as an internal liaison between the local branch and centralized purchasing team for ordering of material and delivery tracking.
- Coordinate with lift rental companies to schedule pickup and return of equipment.
- Perform warehouse material handling at the local branch including receiving shipments, validating to packing slips, and staging equipment for each project.
- Perform goods receipts in internal systems for all physically received material and applying costs to the affiliated installation job. Submit applications to acquire permits, UL Certifications, and Certificates of Insurance (COI’s) upon request from the Install Manager or Project Manager.
- Communicate any material issues (i.e., extended lead times, back-orders, etc.) with Sales and Branch Service team as needed if project timeline is affected.
- Work with Service Manager and Install Manager to coordinate labor resources, schedule with the customer, and place on the internal schedule board.
- If job is subcontracted, collaborate with Install Manager, Service Manager or Manager to obtain subcontractor forms, create purchase requisition, and perform goods receipt upon job completion.
- Maintain regular communication, project documentation, and scheduling with the customer regarding project status updates, delivery commitments, material tracking, etc. as directed by the Service Manager.
- Update internal system with job notes and customer promise date changes as directed by the customer. Maintain current job status in internal system as project advances through project lifecycle.
- Work with the Install Manager and Service Manager to keep the expected completion date as accurate as possible (driving financial forecasting).
- If applicable, send e-signature request to the customer for installation certificate of completion. Upon install completion and Project Manager/Install Manager review, submit close-out package to Order Entry for closure and billing.
- Process Returned Material Authorizations (RMA’s) as necessary. Create material and lift purchase requisitions for Service Tickets.
- Physically receive and stage all shipped service material. Update internal system for service dispatching. Manage service van inventory and create purchase requisitions when stock needs replenished.
- Support Service Manager with service ticket review and billing as needed.
- Answer all incoming calls and route to appropriate department. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist with time-card and payroll entries.
- High school Diploma or GED
- 3+ years in a customer service environment
- 3+ years using MS Office Suite
- Associates degree in business administration or similar
- 1+ year experience in a field install/service business or customer service related field
- 1+ year experience using SAP, SBN, and/or ERP
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and manage time in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong organization skills, with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Proven customer service and problem solving skills
- Background in accounting and inventory control
- 1+ year Payroll experience; Kronos
Stanley Black & Decker offers its employees a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity.
Additional benefits offered:
- Generous employee referral bonus
- Advancement opportunities
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.