Ultimate Software is seeking a BI Architect to help drive the future state of analytics. This position is for a technical data expert who will fulfill the vision of the BI department through defining and designing how actionable insights are delivered.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with business partners, stakeholders, team members, and management to develop the best solution
- Research new tools, technologies and methodologies for application in our environment
- Plan, manage, and coordinate activities for the successful design, development, implementation and retirement of solutions
- Design and document best practices/standards for the team
- Interview stakeholders and develop BI roadmap for success given project prioritization and budget
- Prepare artifacts and documentation for architectural review
- Present and communicate complex ideas and features effectively
- Propose recommendations for design decisions that consider the impact to timeline, scope, and budget
- Evangelize self-service BI and visual data discovery
- Partner with external teams to foster stronger cross-departmental relations
- 10+ years’ experience delivering Business Intelligence and Predictive Analytics solutions
- 5+ years’ current experience developing in Tableau, Power BI and SSRS.
- 5+ years’ current experience in building and implementing Predictive Analytics solutions written in Python or R
- Working knowledge of analytics in a cloud environment (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Advanced T-SQL writing skills
- Strong understanding of business and the ability to leverage data to optimize business operations or maximize business opportunities
- Strong presentation and collaboration skills
- Strong problem-solving, time management and organizational skills
- Familiarity with Agile development such as scrum or Kanban
- A broad range of knowledge across ETL, SQL, Data Models and emerging data technologies
- Administration of reporting portals or platforms (e.g., Tableau Server or Tableau Online instances)
- Experience working with NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline preferred
- Limited travel upon request
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.