Banking Operations is the core of all monetary transactions completed at TD Ameritrade. This role is responsible for processing, analyzing and coding monetary transactions in and out of TD Ameritrade. It requires a high level of organization, attention to detail, as well as regulatory knowledge within the brokerage, and federal banking industry. This includes but not limited to IRS, State and Federal banking and brokerage regulations, Tax, FINRA/SEC, and OCC. This role executes on internal controls to minimize financial, reputational, and legal risk to TD Ameritrade.
In addition, associates are responsible for communicating with both internal and external clients via inbound phone calls, chat or email related inquiries in regards to monetary transactions and coding.
This role is responsible for upholding the Core Values and Standards of TD Ameritrade.
- Analyze client requests and apply applicable regulation and/or law to that request. May include but not limited to IRS, State and Federal Regulations, FINRA/SEC, and OCC.
- Analyze client transaction and account data to ensure risk mitigation for the client and TD Ameritrade.
- Identify any red flags and/or high risk activity and escalate to the appropriate business partner.
- Review and interpret daily reporting for account and client reconciliation and proper resolution.
- Ensure proper completion and execution of a client’s Letter of Instruction meets regulatory requirements.
- Ensure prompt and accurate processing and recording of client transactional requests.
- Ability to learn, retain and apply processes and procedures as well as system technologies in an efficient and effective manner.
- Ability to make efficient and risk based decisions on transactional requests.
- Ability to process and navigate multiple cash management systems and technologies.
- Perform reconciliation tasks and activities to ensure both clients and TD Ameritrade’s books and records are in balance.
- Ensure proper client authentication methods have been performed within regulatory guidelines to ensure risk mitigation conducted.
- Leverage Lean Principles to identify inefficiencies in existing processes.
- Actively Participate in Problem Solving sessions to ensure proper resolution.
- Work with business partners to ensure upstream and downstream impacts
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships with our business partners and peers
- Liaise with business partners for resolution of client escalations and research cases regarding payment transactions.
- Ability to effectively communicate through various channels. (Email, Phone, Instant Message, Presenting/Meetings)
- Willingness to work with vendors and/or business partners in an effort to apply best practices that benefit our clients.
- Ability to handle complex banking and brokerage related inquiries from both internal and external clients as well as understanding what federal banking regulations apply to the brokerage industry.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 4 Year College Degree in Business/Finance Preferred
- 0-2 years related experience
- Knowledge in within the brokerage and federal banking industry preferred
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively through various communication methods.
- Ability to work with a high sense of urgency.
- Flexible and responsive to change.
- Consistently conducts themselves in a professional manner.
- List licensures, certifications, or other designations required (i.e., Series 7, Series 63, CPA, PM, MCSE, etc.)
- (Preferred 7, 63, 24)
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed
TD Ameritrade is a leading organization that has provided premier brokerage and investment services for over 40 years. Listed as one of Forbes’ "Global 2000" companies, TD Ameritrade offers a full spectrum of investment services, including a leading active trader program, intuitive long-term [...]