Purpose of JobThe Banking Data & Analytics (D&A) Executive will be responsible leading a Bank Data and Analytics Office. The ED D&A will oversee all COSA aspects of data and analytics to include Information Strategy and Architecture, Information Management, Information Governance, Insights Delivery, Modeling, Information Delivery and Support. This role will be responsible for short-term and long-term strategy and vision for bank data and analytics and set objectives across the different sub-functions that align with enterprise strategies.
- Oversees the development and implementation of Data and Analytics multiple sub-functions within the bank that may include:
- Information Strategy and Architecture
- Information Management- Information Governance
- Insights Delivery
- Solution Delivery
- Information Delivery Support
- Responsible for strategic, tactical, operational, and financial responsibilities associated with bank data preparation, warehousing, information governance, analytics, reporting, data exploration, and information delivery.
- The ED Data & Analytics will lead the strategy of the sub-functions by establishing and executing a vision for the delivery of information and analytics platforms and solutions to the business’ key stakeholders and cross-COSA partners.
- Responsible for successful end to end process of information management, analytics and delivery.
- Leads the team(s) in the development of new techniques and best practices that deliver effective reporting/analytics to meet goals and objectives that align to strategy.
- Leverages existing enterprise data and information.
- Responsible for the development of a successful team’s training/education plans, automated systems, technical tools, staffing/organizational requirements, and expense budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 10+years of progressive compliance and/or risk management experience developing strategies, managing major initiatives and delivering results within a complex matrix environment
- 4+ years of people leadership experience in building, managing and/or developing high-performing teams
- Directly related USAA experience may be substituted at a ratio of 1:2 for experience qualification purposes
- Experience collaborating with key resources and stakeholders, influencing decisions and managing work to achieve strategic goals
- Executive-level business acumen in the areas of business operations, industry practices and emerging trends
- Deep business controls experience in a large bank
- Experience leading data & analytics initiatives with a regulatory impact
- Demonstrated knowledge in one or more banking lines of business (e.g. Real Estate, Card, Deposits, Consumer Lending)
- Working knowledge of consumer banking regulators (e.g. OCC, FDIC, CFPB)
- Relationship management experience with control partners (audit, compliance, operational risk, etc.), regulatory examiners, and bank leadership
- Knowledge of sensitive data management (e.g., PII, PCI) principles and practices
- Strong process management rigor
- Experience working/leading in an Agile environment
At USAA, you’ll find a welcoming environment where everyone has a true passion for our mission. Our employees are immersed in a culture that profoundly embraces the service and sacrifices made by those we serve – the U.S. military and their families.