- Maintain equipment to cut off, weld, grind, anneal, grit blast, inspect and pack Porta Band blades.
- Set up and adjust automatic cut off machine with coil of band saw material. Set stops for required length and counter for required quantity. Start automatic cycle and check for proper length.
- Transfer blades to resistance butt welder, make necessary adjustments to welding machine, check time and temperature controls.
- Using grinding wheel and/or belt grinder, remove weld flash from both sides and back of blade.
- Maintain welder jaws clean and free from flash. Periodically reverse jaws or remove and replace as required. Dress abrasive wheel and remove and replace as necessary. Complete required documentation.
- Perform all required inspections and tests throughout the manufacturing process and prepare blades for packing in shipping containers.
- Perform regularly scheduled daily, weekly and monthly maintenance to all machines and equipment. Disassemble, clean, lubricate and repair as required. Post required information to maintenance log sheet.
- Properly handle all scrap, rework, and mixed product as well as conform to ISO 9001.
- Observe and obey all safety rules, regulations and practices and employ all safety equipment and devices.
- Notify supervisor, maintenance, or quality immediately when a problem occurs with any part of your job, equipment, or product.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including cross-training in other operation.
- Minimum of three months experience at Stanley Black & Decker with proven performance in safety, quality, work ethic, attendance, 6S principals, and attitude / teamwork
- High School Diploma or GED preferred; AA degree or equivalent from college or technical school preferred
- Solid shop math skills and ability to work with decimals
- Proficient in reading & interpreting prints
- Basic mechanical ability; machine changes and operation experience
- Ability to use and operate basic tools, equipment, & gages
- Knowledge of SPC and basic computer skills such as machine controls & monitoring, and data entry
- Light physical effort required, equivalent to lifting, pushing, pulling 5 to 25 pounds
- Ability to read and write English; understand and comprehend instructions for safety and quality
- Flexibility to work overtime
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.