Backend API Engineer
CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS Interactive
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Staff
JOB LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on  The Muse,  Instagram and  YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
The team at CBS.com is responsible for servicing CBS’s premiere online content around the world. We’re home to exclusive original shows (Star Trek: Discovery, The Good Fight, Twilight Zone) via our streaming service: CBS All Access. We also help millions of viewers consume and enjoy television hits such as Big Bang Theory, Late Night with Stephen Colbert, Survivor, etc.
Become one of the core contributors that helps power the backend services for CBS.com and CBS All Access. We’re a team that values software that exemplifies simplicity of design, maintainability, extensibility, and foundational robustness. We are looking for a person who can work in a fast-paced environment that has a strong grasp of cutting edge languages and technologies.
- Design, build, and support high performance, scalable, and innovative backend systems/services.
- Develop backend APIs, implement system instrumentation, and provide documentation
- Work closely with other engineers and product management teams to meet fixed deadlines.
- Work in all phases of a rapid product development lifecycle.
- Migrate our API services/systems to cloud infrastructures and software
- Find smarter ways to serve our content, whether algorithmically or possibly machine learning
- Discover reliable ways to manage, store, and secure our data around the globe
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- 3+ Years product software development
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design, data structures, and algorithms
- Solid Java, Linux, Shell scripting, Python ability
- Effective communication skills
You might also have -
- Experience with RDBMs
- Experience with NoSQL solutions
- Experience with Search Technologies
- Experience with Distributed Systems (both in system design and data storage)
- Working knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, cloud environments (GCP, AWS, etc.) a plus
- Working knowledge of build tools a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
CBS Corporation is a mass media company that creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading [...]