Stanley Black & Decker is seeking a Mobile Robotics Value Stream Engineer to design and deploy mobile robots (AMR, AGV, VGV), automated logistical solutions and flexible LEAN automation systems across our worldwide manufacturing and logistics operations. This role is based at Stanley Black & Decker’s Manufactory in Hartford, CT. Since 1843, Stanley Black and Decker has been committed to innovation and social responsibility, while becoming a leader in multiple industries.
Stanley Black & Decker has created this state of the art manufacturing incubator to accelerate its global Industry 4.0 “smart factory” initiative across the entire organization. The 23,000-square foot facility will serve as a hub for the latest advancements in IoT, cloud computing, artificial intelligence, 3-D printing, robotics and advanced materials. This team will set the overall vision and strategy for the company’s Industry 4.0 initiative and supply the resources and expertise necessary to serve as the epicenter for the latest technologies and processes with respect to Industry 4.0.
To learn more about Industry 4.0 and Stanley Black and Decker’s vision, visit:
Responsibilities, Experience and Competencies
- Define, Plan, Implement and Support the mobile robotic and logistical automation equipment put in place in Stanley Black & Decker’s manufacturing facilities, including Process, Financial and Technical analysis.
- Program, integrate and troubleshoot AMRs from well-known Original Equipment Manufacturers.
- Evaluates program and project requirements, develops complex equipment and tooling concepts and designs solutions for a reliable production process and apply LEAN concepts.
- Compiles and analyzes technical data to determine the effects on product engineering design and rate estimates, identifies robotics, automation or technology recommendations and system integration for equipment and tooling.
- Conducts training for Production and Maintenance personnel.
- Vet new technology on a technical level to understand if it is ready to deploy into the facilities.
- Collaborate with existing digital manufacturing teams to serve up requested data for collection.
- Collaborate with factories throughout all business units on machine design and the needs of the automation to ensure that what is being delivered is what the plant process exports are looking for.
- Optimize complex robotics and automation equipment and processes for safety, ergonomics, quality, flow, reliability, and maintainability
2+ years of experience with the following:
- AGV / AMR / VGV experience including support, programming and deployment experience
- Experience deploying mobile robotics projects in a manufacturing or logistics environment
- Experience with Material Flow Analysis and internal logistics.
- Experience with shop floor layouts, LEAN methodologies and material replenishment.
- Experience with SAP or similar internal systems for inventory control and ERP at a warehouse and shop floor level.
- Candidates must also possess a knowledge of mechanical components commonly found on assembly automation machines.
- Experience in a manufacturing or logistics environment
- Project Management Experience
- Existing relationships with system integrators, machine builders, and component manufacturers
- Understanding of Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing principles
- Create and deliver executive level presentations
- Plan and manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Prior direct supervisory experience a plus
- Kara Kuri experience a plus
- AutoCAD experience a plus
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to visit existing suppliers, research new projects, and commission projects.
For the builders and protectors, for the makers and explorers, for those shaping and reshaping our world through hard work and inspiration. Stanley Black & Decker works to provide the tools and innovative solutions to propel people to their goals. They collaborate with one goal in mind: empower people to do better, safer, more significant work. They define success as: delivering value to their customers, colleagues and communities. Their commitment to quality, safety and sustainability keeps them focused on their path to becoming the type of uniquely human-centered global industrial company that keeps every stakeholder in mind, while being “For Those Who Make The World”.
Stanley Black & Decker, an S&P 500 and FORTUNE 500 company, is the world's leading provider of tools and storage, the world's second-largest commercial electronic security company, and a leading engineered fastening systems provider, with unique growth platforms in the Oil & Gas and Infrastructure industries. With industry elite partners such as DEWALT, Porter-Cable, Craftsman, Bostitch, Lenox, and more: Stanley Black & Decker provides to the tools to build the world.
Learn more about Stanley Black & Decker at http://www.stanleyblackanddecker.com/.
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.