Purpose of JobPosition will require occasional rotational duty managing local Field Inspection Location (FIS)
Position could require CAT Duty Deployment when a Catastrophe occurs, with up to 4 weeks of deployment away from home location
Provides moderately complex to complex auto appraisal service face-to-face directly with members and third-party customers in the field. Builds USAA's financial strength by assessing and documenting vehicle damage to ensure claims payment accuracy and delivery of exceptional member experiences. Works under minimal supervision to perform work assignments and problem resolution.
- Evaluates and appraisers moderately complex to complex 1st and 3rd party material damage losses in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract, corporate guidelines and insurance laws and regulations.
- Acquires and applies proficient knowledge of P&C insurance industry products, services, and processes to include P&C insurance policy contracts and coverages, auto parts distribution process and USAA claim appraisal process and procedures.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
- Delivers exceptional member experiences by communicating via the appropriate channel with the customer and through integrated solutions.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 or more years material damage estimating experience
- Current insurance appraiser/adjuster license or ability to obtain within a designated number or attempts (if applicable).
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 2 or more years of CCC One estimating experience
- I-Car Platinum certification
- Current knowledge of auto repair process
- Computer literate in a Windows operating environment
- Reside around northern end of Lake Washington (East or West side) up to Lynnwood, WA
- Ability to meet all USAA Safe Driving Requirements to include verification of driving record through MVR & possession of valid driver's license
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 04/18/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
At USAA, you’ll find a welcoming environment where everyone has a true passion for our mission. Our employees are immersed in a culture that profoundly embraces the service and sacrifices made by those we serve – the U.S. military and their families.