The Audioworks team
Audioworks is an award-winning audio team creating audio assets for titles within EA STUDIOS. Through uniting our creative talents and technical expertise, Audioworks is driving industry-leading audio through partnership, professionalism, expertise, innovation and uncompromising quality.
We are looking for an experienced Audio Artist who can make an immediate contribution to all aspects of audio development within the EA Sports Audioworks team. The successful candidate must be able to own an audio-specific project(s), with the goal of creating a quality audio experience. This individual should have some post-production experience as well as experience in all phases of audio design and production, with proficiency in more than one key component – sound design, music, voice production, and implementation.
- Creating quality audio for our video games, with a high focus on cinematic, story-driven gaming
- Authors small and/or well-defined audio-related tasks, with a high focus on content pipelines
- Directly supports feature(s) or small project or task(s)
- Participates in project problem solving with audio team
- Quality control review for the projects audio (pre-CQC) on all applicable platforms
- Some sound design of source elements as required; Speech/SFX editing, naming and file organization
- Keeping audio files organized
- Audio post production for any in-game video content
- Take direction from the Audio Director and other more senior audio artists on a project, but still expressing your creativity
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ studio engineering/recording experience (or equivalent)
- 5+ years of game audio experience
- Fully proficient in ProTools (ProTools certified or equivalent)
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Solid experience using game audio development tools, technology and pipelines
- Experience with modern audio creation equipment, software, and recording techniques, with a high level of proficiency in at least one DAW
- Good 5.1 audio mixing skills
- Solid knowledge of PC and console audio hardware
- Outstanding sound design and listening skills
- Preferred skills in the area of technical implementation of game audio
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.