The Opportunity: Telecom Expense Analyst
Want to do work on a massively global scale with a FINTECH company that is poised to revolutionize the industry? Get to know Western Union as we establish a new, world-class Technology Engineering Center (TEC) in Pune, India to support global strategic initiatives. Be one of the first to join the team and help shape our company’s digital capabilities and revolutionize an industry!
Among digital, person-to-person, international money transfer providers Western Union is the leader in number of customers, transactions and receive countries. We’ve built a powerful, cross-border technology platform for quickly moving money almost anywhere in the world. What sets us apart is a combination of a physical AND rapidly expanding digital network across 200 countries and territories with access to over 130 global currencies, our global compliance expertise and the proprietary technology behind it all.
We continue to invest heavily in using, and developing technology that allows us to move money seamlessly; eliminating barriers based on location, currency, payment method, platform, etc. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are a leader in both!
Right now, we are seeking a Telecom Expense Analyst
Under general supervision, Telecom Expense Analyst is responsible for analyzing, auditing, and reporting on invoices from telecommunications vendors. Partners with business units and different levels of management, staff, vendors and internal clients to process and resolve outstanding telecom invoice issues, resolve billing dispute matters, negotiate successfully and propose new ideas and solutions. Has a basic understanding of telecommunications agreements and tariffs. Improve TEM system by recommending system and information enhancements; participate in acceptance testing for new features and functionality releases.
- Process monthly vendor invoices, including ensuring invoices are loaded into invoice management system.
- Validate and audit telecommunication charges ensuring rates match the appropriate tariff or contract.
- Provide reporting and cost analysis to various departments.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly management reports as needed.
- Work closely with various teams to ensure month end entries are accurate and complete.
- Assist with special projects as they arise and be an active participant in initiating and implementing process improvements.
- Analyze, audit, and report on invoices from vendors
- Review, verify, and dispute billing/tariff rates
- Update telecom management database for tracking, auditing, reporting, and payment of telecom services and usage
- Consistently look for new ways to streamline processes and provide quality monthly reporting to internal customers
- Business partner with several levels of management, staff, vendors and internal clients to process and resolve outstanding telecom invoice issues, resolve billing dispute matters, negotiate successfully and propose new ideas and solutions
- Remain updated with all contracts and amendments and associated fees. Disseminate important information to others when needed
- Provide ad-hoc reporting for business units, telecom procurement, and upper management as needed
- Take ownership of decisions made in the department
- Identify areas for possible Telecom Cost Savings
- Answer all questions and requests from Carriers and internal customers
- Be a subject matter expert and positively represent the Telecom Department in meetings and projects
- Other duties as assigned
What we require:
- 2 years or more experience processing telecom bills with TEM (Telecom Expense Management)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems/MIS, Accounting/Finance or related
- Experience with accounts payable a plus
- Must have strong knowledge of excel and some experience with Access and/or SQL databases
- Knowledge of wireless services and/or wireline circuits and services
If you’re ready for a challenge and want to be involved in something that will change an industry and impact millions of people and businesses around the world, then apply today!
We are a leader in global payment services. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far away, to NGOs in the most remote communities on Earth, Western Union helps people and businesses move money - to help grow economies and realize a better world. In 2015, we moved over [...]