Facilities and Corporate Services
Associate Manager, Workplace Experience and Services, Los Angeles
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield, and Star Wars, to name but a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that Anytime, Anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those leading their fields, and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
The Workplace Experience and Services Team plays an important and valued role at EA. There are a variety of roles across EA that are integral to this team, and each comes with its own set of requirements, expectations, and responsibilities. Key is that every team member is passionate about what they do and their enthusiasm always shines through whatever they engage. As facility administrators are public facing, they are expected to have first class communication and customer service skills.
The Associate Manager, Workplace Experience and Services will be a dynamic, customer service-focused individual who works fast and efficient, pays attention to the details, and strives at all times to assist their studio and office to create and maintain the very best well-kept environment possible to attract and retain the best talent and assist in producing and supporting the best games. The Facilities Manager will report directly to the Director of Workplace Experience and Services based in Austin, but will also work to oversee the local WES Coordinators and mail room contractors in meeting their daily deliverables. This position will oversee all facets of the day-to-day facility upkeep and maintenance, and may be assigned special areas of focus such as Construction, Sustainability, Event Support, Inventory, etc., but is expected to be cross-trained in all disciplines as well. These individuals will support multiple buildings and multiple Facility Coordinators and will need to be able to work with little day to day instruction on new assignments.
- Provide extraordinary customer service with a solutions minded approach.
- Interface with local business unit leadership, as necessary, to ensure customer satisfaction with delivery of services and provide a lead role in monitoring and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain predictive and preventative maintenance programs for all facilities
- Quickly and efficiently responds to all inquiries and complaints; Ensures timely and quality service delivery to every employee; Follows up with employees to ensure complete customer satisfaction
- Responsible for overseeing the office appearance, meeting set up coordination. Office appearance upkeep includes addressing minor paint, wall repair, and carpet issues as needed.
- Coordinates moves and reconfigures with business unit leadership and Facility Coordinator and IT. Understands infrastructure and power distribution and team requirements.
- Coordination of requests for office remodels.
- Submits accurate and timely help tickets to property manager for repairs or attention required outside realm of skills and responsibilities
- Coordinates and distributes facility requests to appropriate Facility Coordinator and follows up to confirm
- Familiarity with and understanding of building systems
- Sources maintenance contractors as needed for equipment repairs, non-warranty property work that is outside the abilities or scope of the property manager’s engineers: Assisting the Facilities Manager in the quoting, bidding, negotiating, purchase request/PO process, and supervision of vendors as needed or directed
- Understands the importance of vendor negotiations and rapport to keep costs under budget limits while retaining a high level of service and attention to detail in all products received
- Accurately support general receiving functions and perform all related administrative documentation associated with shipping and receiving, including international, sensitive, and high value packages; Receive and accurately route various mail, packages, and other deliveries to proper destinations
- Works closely with Security to ensure all security protocols are met
- Prepares for new hires; Assisting HR as needed to set up for orientation sessions, providing tours, and setting up new hire desks
- Maintains updated cube signs, meeting room name plates, and special event signage
- Ensures all copiers, shared printers, and plotters are maintained and well stocked at all times; Reports and supervises all repairs as needed
- Oversees and confirms that stock levels are met at each printer station, kitchen, conference room, and supply cabinet
- Provides housekeeping support as needed during normal business hours
- Able and ready at a moment’s notice to assist the Corporate Services team with event setup and strike, and any related tasks as assigned (including AV support, moving furniture, sourcing vendors, providing hostess or serving duties during events, running errands and any other pertinent tasks).
- Assists with planning, coordinating, estimating, and scheduling maintenance and building projects
- Available to respond to building emergencies 24/7
- Coordinate and update employee services and events with online software booking system on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Corporate Services for campus – manage current relationships and marketing outreach related to promotions and “new services” for campus. Assist in researching the needs of EA Los Angeles employees for additional services and executing programs to fit the growing needs of EA Los Angeles employees.
- Assist with research for on and offsite meetings, venues and events.
- Assist in outreach communication for mass-broadcast to the EA Los Angeles campus for event notices/invitations. Work with digital signage layouts for vendor announcements and campus happenings.
- Assist and coordinate with Sr. Events Manager re-occurring company events, including, but not limited to: EA employee movie nights, EA Family Fun Day, EA Social afternoon gatherings, Community Outreach events and large space meeting areas.
- Document and distribute as needed all post-event summaries including create and edit surveys, collect and analyze data and produce reports detailing data results.
- Expected to respond to local team after hours and weekend requests regarding access, HVAC, electrical, security and emergencies.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 8+ years in Facility or related industry experience with demonstrated leadership ability
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- College coursework or equivalent, in a related area preferred
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment that is constantly changing and able to still deliver against commitments.
- Task management (Overseeing multiple tasks/projects simultaneously and maintaining a consistently high level of output)
- Listening and learning (Ability to assess priorities quickly, and become proficient with protocol, culture and processes)
- Problem solving (Takes initiative and goes beyond established framework; looks for new ideas and creative solutions to overcome challenges)
- Office technology (Intimately familiar with Internet tools and proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion
- A polished and professional demeanor; Able to comfortably manage clients with strong emotions or unreasonable timelines/deadlines
- Creative-thinking and problem-solving skills; able to think outside of the box, propose and then execute approved processes, and resolve issues as they arise within all company policies and best practices
- Strong organizational skills and collaborative work style required.
- Finance knowledge a plus.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.