This position is based in Bain’s Gurgaon office and is an integral part of the Regional Finance team. This role is responsible for day-to-day maintenance of the database with a focus on new incoming data, centralized data classification, identification of errors, managing regular reporting and overall data quality control. Additionally this role will support the Regional finance team on various integrity projects to drive continuous data improvement and operational excellence initiatives for the regional finance team
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare monthly profit and loss, headcount summary and variance analysis versus budget - work with each market in Asia Pacific to ensure detail of material variances is accurate
- Prepare other management reporting analysis such as weekly commercial and pipeline update and analysis, monthly staffing and billing utilisation, monthly AR/DSO pay down, quarterly/half-yearly at-risk analysis
- Provide other ad hoc support and analysis as required
- Tableau knowledge: Creates live data visualization dashboards using Tableau to analyze trends and monitor problem areas. Prepares functional process updates to regularly report progress on different functions and programs. Help other team members and stakeholders to trouble shoot data or Tableau related problems.
- Reporting and analytics: Performing various analysis and preparing dashboards with the use of Tableau (And potentially Alteryx)
- Projects and ad-hoc requests Work closely with other team members on projects and initiatives requests relating to data quality, often require quick turnaround time. Collaborate closely with the wider Finance team and communicate with the ‘data owners’ at all levels during various phases of these projects or requests. Executes all regular and ad hoc processes related to data updates, ensuring they are completed on time.
- Strong communication: Utilizes strong communication skills to deliver insights and drive necessary process changes. Facilitates brainstorming with impacted stakeholders to get to resolve issues and build consensus. Use PowerPoint slides and other technical tools to deliver high quality presentations. Document central processes and ensure regular updates.
- Others: Perform other related duties as assigned or as responsibility necessitates. Support team members by covering critical processes during extended absences and unforeseen circumstances.
- At least two years of experience in the FP&A domain
- Necessary ability to work with data visualization tools e.g. Tableau
- Master’s degree in a related field is highly desirable
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written, with an ability to communicate succinctly at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent customer management skills to work with global internal clients
- A strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Reliable, consistent and mature and able to work independently with a positive attitude.
- Ability to calmly multitask, and learn quickly in a fast paced environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and develop sustainable solutions to deliver practical results
- Able to work closely with teams in Australia, Southeast Asia or other parts of the world, which will require flexible hours
- Upto 3 years of total experience
Bain & Company is a leading management consulting firm. We work with change-oriented executives to help them make better decisions, convert those decisions to actions and deliver the sustainable success they desire. We advise global leaders on their most critical issues and opportunities across all [...]