The Opportunity: Software Engineering Associate - .Net Data Services Developer
Want to do work on a massively global scale with a FINTECH company that is poised to revolutionize the industry? Get to know Western Union as we establish a new, world-class Technology Engineering Center (TEC) in Pune, India to support global strategic initiatives. Be one of the first to join the team and help shape our company’s digital capabilities and revolutionize an industry!
Among digital, person-to-person, international money transfer providers Western Union is the leader in number of customers, transactions and receive countries. We’ve built a powerful, cross-border technology platform for quickly moving money almost anywhere in the world. What sets us apart is a combination of a physical AND rapidly expanding digital network across 200 countries and territories with access to over 130 global currencies, our global compliance expertise and the proprietary technology behind it all.
We continue to invest heavily in using, and developing technology that allows us to move money seamlessly; eliminating barriers based on location, currency, payment method, platform, etc. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are a leader in both!
As an Associate, you will be responsible for implementation of a service delivery model supporting assigned platforms through a predefined frame-work.
- Develop and implement new software, maintain and improve existing software
- Ensure that software functionality is implemented with a with a focus on code optimization and organization
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs
- Troubleshoot application issues and coordinate issue resolution with operations, functional, and technical teams
- Work with a software development team and Service providers in a geographically distributed structure
- Provide coaching to Junior Associates
- Works independently on simple to medium complex projects
What we require:
- B.E. / B.Tech. / MCA in Computer Science, Engineering or related field is required
- 2-4 years of software development experience
- 1+ Years of experience in the Banking and Financial Services industry
- AML Compliance experience a plus
- Must be a problem solver with demonstrated experience in solving difficult technology challenges, with a can-do attitude
- Experience in developing and implementing web based solutions
- Knowledge of architecture design concepts, object oriented design and techniques
- Knowledge of logical and physical database architectures and operating systems
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage workload, and consistently deliver results
- Experience in Agile and Iterative development methodologies
- Strong communication skills including demonstration of written functional specifications and technical design with ability to interact with partners globally
- Technical areas of expertise:
- Expertise with the definition, design and development of data micro-services.
- Practiced at data encryption and secure web-service development.
- Experience data system performance tuning and testing.
- Strong familiarity with data access techniques, such as SQL, Excel integration, and file parsing.
- Strong familiarity with service-based architecture including integration of disparate and distributed data stores.
- Familiarity with transaction-based business orchestration
- Expertise in high availability (HA) and reliability design for real-time data access, including a proven ability to perform root-cause issue diagnosis.
- Experience with data integration based on microservice architecture - familiarity with the use and implementation of API Gateway:
- performance & scalability
- using reactive programming model
- service invocation
- service discovery
- handling partial failures
- Experienced with asynchronous vs synchronous communication
- Experienced with event driven data management for microservices:
- efficient at resolving challenges of distributed data management
- event driven architecture
- achieving atomicity
- publishing events using local transactions
- mining database transaction logs and, using event sourcing
If you’re ready for a challenge and want to be involved in something that will change an industry and impact millions of people and businesses around the world, then apply today!
We are a leader in global payment services. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far away, to NGOs in the most remote communities on Earth, Western Union helps people and businesses move money - to help grow economies and realize a better world. In 2015, we moved over [...]