An Associate Cinematic Animator creates believable performances in cinematics that immerse and engage the player in EA’s games. They will demonstrate a collaborative approach in completing their tasks. An Associate Cinematic Animator will be responsible for the following:
- Animate cinematics that support narrative as well as design.
- Animate realistic human performances that convey character personality and believability.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Exhibit the ability to collaborate with team members to find solutions when problem solving to complete tasks.
- Takes artistic direction from the Animation Director and Leads and applies it to tasks to maintain animation quality expectations for the project.
Skills and experience EA looks for:
- Basic understanding of traditional animation principles and fundamentals, able to demonstrate an understanding of animation mechanics using keyframe techniques.
- Basic understanding of using high-end animation software packages such as Maya.
- Example(s) of character acting, facial, animation, and lip sync demonstrated on demo reel from college or previous employers.
- Ability to take direction well and address notes in a timely fashion.
- Ability to manage time and be proactive.
- Basic understanding of animation tools and pipelines.
- Basic understanding of Maya based animation rigs.
- Effective at communication skills.
- Animation background, degree in Fine Arts or Computer Animation.
- Familiar with Motionbuilder
- Familiar with motion capture.
- Basic knowledge of cameras and previs
- Familiar with game engines
- Enjoy playing games
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.