GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Perform assembly functions in the process of turning compressor parts into finished compressors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Able to learn and perform multiple jobs on the assembly cells.
- Use hand tools, air tools, fixtures and torque wrenches.
- Report to work on time, keep work area clean, and work safely.
- Able to work multiple shifts.
- Able to work overtime with little notice.
- Work well with team members.
- Assist with training new employees.
- Understands and follows the Jackson site’s environmental policy and the environmental impacts associated with their work activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent attendance
- Must have a safe work history along with no written warnings for job performance
- Must be self-motivated and work well under fast-paced situations
- Must be able to receive constructive criticism and show immediate improvement
- Must be willing to move to other lines as needed
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks within work area and do so in same work sequence to ensure high quality
- Must be able to perform repetitive work that yields a quality part within takt time of 20-30 seconds
- Must be able to perform own inspection of part before passing it along
- Must be able to work safely and use required PPE
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 1 year experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee iscontinuously required to stand; regularly required to reach with hands and arms; frequently required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and occasionally required to talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
There are no harmful environmental conditions that are present for this position.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.