In this role, you have the opportunity to
Work closely together with the manufacturing and engineering organizations within Philips as well as external clients to realize customized manufacturing equipment by leading the architecture creation of the manufacturing systems and Industry 4.0 solutions developed and built in our organization.
By working both within Philips as well as with external medical and high-tech companies, we keep our expertise at the highest level.
You are responsible for
- the creation of manufacturing system architecture for a complete production line or manufacturing equipment and setting accordant design specifications based on own insights or from other relevant specialists
- the whole concept of a production line or manufacturing equipment on system level and the integration of sub-concepts
- participating in Design Reviews and shaping a product design into ‘design for manufacturing’ and ‘design for assembly’ and understanding and communicating the consequences of the design on the manufacturing of the product
- delivering input in the planning process to the project leader, commercial department and management and making the choice between make/buy decisions of parts or solutions
- structuring the work with focus on customer needs and technological competitiveness, and keep this outside-in approach in mind for designs you create
- playing the key role and teaming-up with the account team in the acquisition phase to create the best concept concerning quality, cost and lead-time to win the project
- having contact with the commercial department regarding market demand and customer requirements in the longer term. Contacts with research centers, Universities of Technology, key suppliers, conferences regarding future possibilities
- coaching other architects, interacting with peers, exchanging best practices within the Architecture Community and performing Architecture Assessments
You are a part of
Philips Innovation Services, and within the department of Manufacturing Systems & Industry 4.0, we know that customized manufacturing processes create competitive edge and we create the bridge from idea to market for each innovation journey.
Do you have an idea that can change the world? Turning your brilliant ideas into working innovations that make life better is our drive and our deliverable.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor or Master degree with more than 10 years relevant work experience with designing, developing and sourcing of industrial manufacturing equipment and systems
- Knowledge of state of the art manufacturing equipment design approach and related tools
- Analytical skills, architectural thinking and creation, switching from helicopter to detailed view
- Influencing skills, team player, networking skills, negotiation skills
- Strong communicator (writing & speech), being able to communicate on all levels
- Fluent in English and German or Dutch preferred
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees for learning and development opportunities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.