Software Engineering Manager - Back office applications
Software Engineering Manager - Back Office Applications
Responsibilities & Requirements
Cambia’s Corporate Services department is seeking a Manager to lead a team performing all aspects of application management, development and support. Cambia Managers work directly with business partners, product owners and peers to deliver high-quality solutions on schedule and budget that delight the customer. They are the face and voice of the team and facilitate the technical delivery of products and services. The Manager is responsible for personnel management and the team’s day to day activities including selection, development, integration, support and disposition of new and existing COTS and in-house solutions.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, Collaboration and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
- Embrace the responsibility of personnel management; hire, develop, reward, adjust.
- Prioritize requests while forecasting and managing the team capacity.
- Identify and manage dependencies and roadblocks to proactively avoid obstacles.
- Ensure on time delivery of high-quality products and services that delight the customer.
- Manage operational budget, costs and staffing plans to ensure team is and remains efficient.
- Work with business partners and stakeholders to validate needs, dependencies, timing and funding.
- Build and maintain vendor relationships and while negotiating, managing and enforcing service contracts.
- Evangelize team vision leading partners, peers and team in achieving the vision.
- Build roadmaps with Enterprise Architecture in alignment with Cambia’s overall strategy.
- Initiate proactive monitoring, identification and resolution of issues.
- Ensure team’s products and services are included, documented and tested in Cambia’s disaster recovery plan.
- Drive process improvement and automation throughout the development lifecycle.
Management Competencies and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated ability to lead product deployment and development teams, ensuring teams are staffed appropriately, performant and embrace company principles and values.
- Demonstrated ability to guide business partners through IT processes while properly setting expectations.
- Demonstrated competency managing multiple projects, estimation, forecasting, demand capacity, task assignment and quantitative measures of success.
- Demonstrated personnel leadership including: interviewing, hiring, compensation, performance management, coaching, mentoring, corrective action or termination.
- Demonstrated competency in business acumen such as relationship management, business case development, negotiation and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated experience managing vendors and contracts from development through enforcement.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels and types of audiences.
- Ability to ensure team follows all policies and processes necessary to produce quality results.
- Experience with large-scale back office applications and services (i.e. PeopleSoft, Lawson, Workday, Oracle Fusion, HRIS, Finance, ERP).
The Software Engineering Manager will have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering, with a minimum seven year of software development and demonstrable management experience. A similar position or equivalent combination of education and job-related experience may be substituted.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have nearly a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]