Job TitleAdvanced Software Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Responsible for software development tasks for the CT & PET/CT Scanner and verification tools.
You are responsible for
- Perform analysis, design, programming, testing, troubleshooting and modifying of software products and/or customer applications on computer based systems.
- Perform systems modeling, simulation, and analysis in designing assemblers, lines, compilers, and operation systems utilities.
- Normally require little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments. Participate in planning.
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways
- Solve problems where domain is a mix of technical and non-technical areas (i.e. process, program, etc.) using any and all methods, including using others or finding published solutions. Able to objectively evaluate different solutions
- Learn quickly and can figure out things for themselves when in-house expertise is not available. Ability to apply new technologies
- Good time management skills. Correctly prioritize their own work and deals well with ambiguity and changing priorities.
- Manage and deliver to deadlines
- Develop reasonable task estimates and practices risk mitigation.
- Actively mentor / coach less experienced employees
- Participate on cross- software unit and/or cross- functional teams
- Interact with senior internal and external personnel
- Additional duties as assigned
You are a part of
A progressive and energetic team that contributes directly to the growth of the business. You have a direct reporting line to the Software Manager, with Cross functional team as your key stakeholders.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer science/Engineering
- 5-8 years of professional software engineering experience in a product development environment
- Operating System constructs and usage. Windows OS (Windows 7 & Windows 10)
- Object oriented program development experience. Strong .NET and C# programming experience (C++ is desired)
- Experienced in Agile development methodology
- Understanding of IEC62304, and related documentation
- Familiar with the foundation and approach of software engineering, familiar with the concept and approach of hierarchical software architecture design
- Ability to work within a cross functional organization with good communication skills.
- Structured problem analysis and solving
- Must be open-minded to assure best design is chosen
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills while communicating in both English and Chinese
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this product development role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
We offer experiences and opportunities that add many unexpected and enriching moments to our employees’ lives. Especially when the
innovative health technologies and solutions they help develop benefit their own friends and family.
We commit to providing a workplace that’s inclusive, enabling our employees to thrive as they support our mission to improve people’s lives. Our people grow through inspirational challenges, and are rewarded in ways that bring out their best qualities and full potential in work and beyond.
We realize that in the world of work, the needs of people have dramatically changed. We believe in continuously evolving to offer new and unique workplace attractors and experiences to fully engage our multi-generational workforce in their roles. Only then can we continue our legacy of bringing meaningful innovations to market.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.