The Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the SVP of Customer Success, Customer Success Sr. Leaders and assist with administrative ad hoc requests. The ideal candidate is a congenial and positive “can-do” person who builds outstanding relationships across an organization at all levels. He/she balances professionalism with a strong sense of fun and creativity. He/she is accustomed to handling highly sensitive and confidential matters appropriately. He/she is a process-oriented individual who strives for continual improvement, anticipates the needs of a busy executive, and creates contingency plans to manage the unexpected. This person is creative, resourceful and takes initiative in resolving issues. While calm and cheerful in demeanor, this goal-oriented person has a strong sense of urgency and is very methodical in moving things forward. He/she is flexible and possesses strong time management and organizational skills.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Provide professional administrative support to executive with high visibility within the Company and Industry
- With limited supervision, consistently and accurately complete complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to anticipate and resolve issues
- Maintain cordial, professional relationships and interact effectively with staff at all levels of the organization as well as a variety of external players with tact, candor, diplomacy and confidentiality
- Contribute to the team effort by managing or executing key projects
- Prepare presentations, coordinate and arrange for public speaking and other industry events
- Assist with planning Team events such as the Department’s Annual Summit, Monthly/Quarterly Leadership Meetings, etc.
- Capture meeting notes and action items that require follow up
- General day to day administrative tasks: lunch ordering, conference space reservations
- Conducting Research (gather information for reports/Directors, etc.)
- Executive Level Support:
- Manage email, calendar, travel and expense reporting
- Scheduling and Planning (manage calendar and/or email schedule appointments/meetings, etc.)
- Assists Executive by reading, researching; drafting documents; collecting and analyzing information.
- Represent the executive by attending meetings in the executive's absence; acting as liaison for the executive
- 5+ years of executive administrative support to a VP or C-level executive
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); ability to create and edit PowerPoint presentations for external and internal audiences and manage complex scheduling and room reservations in Outlook
- Experienced event planner including events up to several hundred people and multiple locations
- Exceptional customer service mindset and professional demeanor
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work independently, exercise discretion and handle sensitive issues that require sound, independent judgment
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks the same on a daily basis
- Well organized, detail oriented, accurate and responsive
- Thinks outside the box, thinks ahead and not just “in the moment” - anticipating the needs of the department weeks, months, and quarters ahead
- Team player: collaborative, seeks input, accepts and incorporates feedback from others and freely offers assistance
- Knowledge of Google Mail/Calendar, Microsoft SharePoint, Survey Monkey, Concur (expense management tool) and WebEx strongly preferred
- Prior operational and financial experience are a strong plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Organizational Development, Business, Administration, Communications, Marketing or similarly relevant field
- No unique physical demands are required for this job.
- Limited travel upon request (up to 25%)
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statues.