Accounting & Tax is a shared service center function for the 6 group companies (DK, UK, DE, US, LT and AU). While most of the team is based in Copenhagen we have a close collaboration with employees and managers across the 7 offices globally and especially with team FP&A and the CFO who is situated in New York.
As our Accounting Manager, you will be the lead of the Accounts Payable/Accounting team which today consists of 6 members of different nationalities all with high spirit and who know how to have a lot of fun and still maintain the high quality and get the work done.
Not two days are alike and you will never get bored working in the Accounting & Tax Department. One of our core values is "We like to help" - both helping each other internally in the team as well as the rest of the organization.
In the role as Accounting Manager you will be based in Copenhagen and work closely with your peers and the VP of Accounting & Tax department. You will have the responsibility of the AP/GL accounting team with focus on month end close, accounting, accounting policies, principles and methods to make sure that the TP are compliant with local GAAP/IFRS.
In this position you’ll have 2 direct reports and 4 indirect reports and the position requires hands-on leadership and cross-functional teamwork skills. It also requires coordination and communication skills to ensure alignment with the key stakeholders within the business, IT, Legal, Facilities, Accounts Receivable, FP&A and the finance management team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Management of a great team
- Manage and oversee the general accounting and reporting functions in A/P& GL
- Continuously improve, update and ensure global alignment and documentation of accounting processes for all entities
- Maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure compliance with local GAAP for multiple entities
- Responsibility for VAT & tax including setup and adherence wherever needed in cooperation with local auditors / advisors
- Responsible and participate in month close activities
- Responsible for preparation of annual report and contact to the auditors
- Ensure GAAP guidance and support to all company entities
- Ensure continuous development and optimization of processes
- Contact to banks and cash management
- Ad hoc accounting and administrative related tasks
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience within finance/accounting
- Educational background from either auditing or accounting
- Proven track record within accounting and solid knowledge of VAT/tax
- Expertise within accounting principles, practices, standards and regulations
- Knowledge about DK GAAP, IFRS and Transfer pricing principles
- Experience with month end close, process optimization and internal controls
- Profound understanding of finance systems and flair for IT
- Keen eye for details and quality
- Proven management & communication skills
- Fluency in English
We offer you:
- The opportunity to become a key part of an international growth journey
- Great colleagues and a social working environment
- Exciting opportunities for career growth and learning new skills
- Nice location in central Copenhagen
Interested in learning more about Trustpilot? Check out our website www.trustpilot.com. If you are also interested in learning more about the Trustpilot culture, then check out our company page on The Muse.
If you see yourself in this role, submit your application in Danish or English by clicking below, and make sure to upload a personalized cover letter, in which you describe why you would be our ideal Accounting Manager. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Trustpilot is a global, online review community that builds trust and increases transparency between consumers and businesses. Currently boasting more than 40 million consumer reviews of 200,000 businesses, Trustpilot produces a TrustScore for businesses based on recent reviews. Trustpilot’s community is live in 25 countries and more than 10,000 consumers sign up to Trustpilot every day. The platform also helps businesses generate insights through customer review data analytics. This can be used to continuously improve business operations, increase customer satisfaction and drive innovation. By enabling businesses to engage directly with customers, Trustpilot aims to set new global standards in consumer to business dialogue.
Trustpilot has customers in 65 countries and has developed strong positions in Denmark, Sweden, UK, France, Germany and the Netherlands, as well as the US. With offices in Copenhagen, London, New York, Denver, Berlin, Melbourne and Vilnius Trustpilot’s 700+ employees represent 40+ different nationalities.
Trustpilot is an online review-driven community and platform that builds relationships between consumers and businesses. Launched in 2007, the company has developed strong positions in Europe and the US, and is now entering other parts of the globe. Trustpilot enables e-commerce businesses to [...]