This twelve-week full-time internship is scheduled to begin in May/June
We are seeking to identify candidates for full-time roles based on this internship experience.
Responsibilities & Requirements
Cambia's Financial Accounting Services is dedicated to providing world class financial services through excellence in people, process and technology. Join this dynamic team and gain real-world accounting experience.
Become a team member of the Financial Accounting and Reporting Team within the Finance Division.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
Duties and opportunities include:
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations to support monthly financial statement closes and financial statement analysis
- Assist in the preparation of the insurance industry regulatory reporting
- Implement process improvements, including those you discover
- Participate in the development of policies, procedures and practices that are part of the Company's set of internal controls
- Assist with financial examinations and audits
Combine your education and analytical ability with the following skills to meet the position qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years university education, working toward a degree in Accounting or Business with an Accounting emphasis; one year from graduation preferred
- Completion of the Intermediate Accounting sequence or its equivalent
- Required intermediate skill level with Microsoft Excel, prior completion of college coursework using Excel preferred
- Achievement of 150/225 CPA certification requirement by June 2020 preferred
- Required minimum overall GPA of 3.2; Accounting GPA of 3.4
- Ability to think analytically and make sound judgments from analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have over a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]