Job TitleAccounting Controller - Stamford, CT
In this role, you have the opportunity to
collaborate with business stakeholders (FP&A and the Business Partners) to effectively account for business events and to address accounting-related queries. This role supports our Personal Health Business based in Stamford, CT
We seek an experienced Controller with a proven track record of leading complex accounting activities within a large, global company. The candidate will have a CPA and prior public accounting experience in a Big Four firm at the level of a Senior Manager. (S)he will play a “hands on” role in executing the accounting for a fast-paced $4bn+ Healthcare organization with a high degree of complexity. (S)he will have outstanding accounting skills, strong analytics skills and experience managing a SOx control environment. The successful candidate will be one who drives continuous process improvement and collaborates effectively to meet business needs and assure financial integrity. (S)he will be an energetic leader who is proactive, drives results and collaborates effectively with a Market and an India-based accounting team. This role will require active engagement in the details, both in execution and in problem-solving.
You are responsible for/to
- Prepare or reviews complex account reconciliations, ensuring the integrity of the balances.
- Collaborate with and guides a captive off-shore accounting team responsible for transactional and rules-based accounting.
- Identify, lead and drive continuous improvement initiatives, manages the design and execution of accounting-related projects and process improvement initiatives.
- Accountable for the integrity of financial reporting and internal controls over reporting. Maintains Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”) documentation and requirements for assigned areas and assure risks are identified and controlled.
- Lead and support the external audit relationship, ensuring the integrity and timeliness of deliverables to the auditor.
- Collaborate with Technical Accounting to apply accounting policies and define accounting treatment.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- CPA Required
- 2+ Years of Public Accounting experience in a Big Four accountancy
- 3-5 Years relevant industry experience with progressive accounting experience
Skills & Capabilities:
- Hands-on understanding of PCAOB audit requirements
- Internal controls expertise with SOx
- Experience with Shared Services (BPO) / Off-shoring preferred
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Eager to learn the business and demonstrates strong business acumen
- Tolerance of ambiguity and an ability to shape deliverables with minimum guidance
- Ability to present data in a comprehensive and articulate manner
- Attention to detail
- Takes ownership and collaborates to deliver results
- Plans effectively and delivers timely
In return, we offer you
Describe in two to three lines what tangible and intangible benefits the incumbent will gain in this role. Use our Employer Value Proposition (EVP) themes and information gathered in the RSM as input sources.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.