We are one of the nation’s largest versified media, information and services company with more than 360 business. Our current portfolio expands the traditional publishing company people have come to know us by, we now own cable networks like A&E, HISTORY, ESPN ; financial leader Fitch Group; Hearst Health, a group of media information and service business: transportation assets and digital services business iCrossing and KUBRA.
We believe our biggest asset is our combination of different backgrounds, cultures, and disciplines that come together to form one epic unit. What we do starts with our people.
This position will assist in the preparation of financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close scheduled, in a centralized accounting environment for a global, diversified organization. The position ensures financial records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. The position will be located at the Hearst Service Center business office in Charlotte, NC.
- Prepare subsidiary accounting records involving a variety of transactions and accounts
- Post data to various ledgers, journals and reconciliations
- Review accounting documents to ensure accuracy of information & calculations and make correcting entries
- Prepare account analysis and reconciliations, ad hoc reports, and other reports
- Provide analytical assistance to Accounting Support Services team, as well as to individual units throughout the organization
- Support a variety of special projects and initiatives
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested
- 1-3 years of accounting/finance experience preferred
- Excellent analytical skills, strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with accuracy and meet deadlines
- Highly organized, strong ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (macros, pivot tables, lookup functions)
- Experience with accounting software applications including Oracle Cloud ERP, and ARCS balance sheet reconciliation tool a plus
- Ability to operate with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish directives
- Be able to perform a variety of non-repetitive tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
Hearst is a leading global, diversified media, information and services company with more than 360 businesses. Its major interests include ownership in cable television networks such as A&E, HISTORY, Lifetime and ESPN; global financial services leader Fitch Group; Hearst Health, a group of medical [...]