Sodexo, world leader in quality of life services, has a new opportunity for an Accountant in the Accounts Receivable department at our Financial Service Center in Cheektowaga, NY. This position reviews and approves all Accounts Receivable write-offs & adjustment requests to ensure GAAP, company policy and objective accounting judgment is applied. Candidates who have a strong understanding of the foundations of accounting and who are eager to learn, grow and contribute within a team environment, are encouraged to apply.
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of Accounts Receivable reporting.
- Investigate and resolve issues.
- Analyze & resolve assigned general ledger accounts.
- Sets analysis standards and provide guidance to Accounts Receivable staff to resolve general ledger issues.
- Gather and analyze accounts receivable data to improve overall effectiveness of the Accounts Receivable control environment, fraud detection and department efficiencies.
- Support multiple segment projects.
Assists in the maintenance of accounting policies and controls, fiscal controls, preparing financial reports and safeguarding the organization's assets. Maintains accounting and financial records and reports, including general ledger, financial statements, regulatory and management reports. Performs routine assignments. Has conceptual knowledge of theories, practices and procedures in own discipline typically acquired through a college or university degree or the equivalent work experience. Develops competence by performing structured work assignments. Uses existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems. Receives instruction, guidance and direction from more senior level roles.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED or Equivalent
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.