Sodexo has a new opening for an Accountant in the Client Services department at our Financial Services Center in Cheektowaga, NY. This is 1 of 4 openings in the Client Services department and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply to all 4 postings.
- Ensure integrity of business line internal financial reporting & prepare client income statements & billings.
- Apply GAAP & objective accounting judgment to knowledge of contractual agreements & company policy.
- Work in a team environment to ensure department deadlines are met.
- Work proactively to prevent problems, and identify and implement innovative solutions.
- Set analysis standards and provide guidance to accountants to maintain strong business relationships.
- Maintain company databases as necessary.
- Identify & initiate coaching for accountant development. Provide guidance to staff accountants. Coach and monitor results for technical development of others.
- Foster cooperation toward achieving department and organizational goals.
- Communicate with all levels of the organization.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Management is preferred
- 2-4 years accounting experience
- Microsoft Office software, including advanced Excel skills
Minimum Training/Knowledge/Skills Required:
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated organization and comprehension skills
- Contract interpretation skills
- Ability to perform and maintain core responsibilities / accountabilities while simultaneously involved in other department initiatives
- Demonstrated analytical ability
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- PC & related software knowledge – excel skills and Essbase experience
Assists in the maintenance of accounting policies and controls, fiscal controls, preparing financial reports and safeguarding the organization's assets. Maintains accounting and financial records and reports, including general ledger, financial statements, regulatory and management reports. Performs routine assignments. Has conceptual knowledge of theories, practices and procedures in own discipline typically acquired through a college or university degree or the equivalent work experience. Develops competence by performing structured work assignments. Uses existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems. Receives instruction, guidance and direction from more senior level roles.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED or Equivalent
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.