Account Specialist - LifeMap
Account Specialist LifeMap
The Account Specialist will partner and support the LifeMap Account Management team in order to give the best serivce to our group customers. In conjunction with the Sales team, this role will organize and oversee the renewal of in-force business, discuss with clients our underwriting methodology and negotiate with underwriting. It will be responsible for working with existing clients to upgrade current benefits and add additional lines of coverage. The Account Specialist will be responsible for educating policy owners on proper administration, contract interpretation and helping resolve any service issues that arise. They will cultivate relationships with Brokers/Policyholders/Members in the day-to-day administration of LifeMap products in order to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
Responsibilities & Requirements
At Cambia and LifeMap, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
- Bachelor’s degree or four years job-related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in the health insurance and/or sales field.
- Knowledge of life and health insurance practices as related to group Life, STD, LTD, Dental, Vision, Accident and Critical Illness claims processing, billing, contracts and related information.
- Ability to lead external and internal customer’s through ongoing administration and the renewal process.
- Ability to clearly communicate what is needed for a task, when it is due, and following up to completion.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Strong project and process management skills.
- Creative problem solving capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize, self-motivate, and work independently.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of individuals and groups related to implementing a new lines of coverage.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal employees, agents, group administrators and the general public.
- Must present a positive and professional image.
- Must hold a valid Oregon Driver's License.
- May require light travel.
- Must be currently licensed, or must become licensed within 90 days of hire, to sell insurance (health, life, and/or disability) in the state or states where business is conducted. Prior to receiving a license staff are not allowed to engage in soliciting or selling activities.
LifeMap employees are part of the larger Cambia Health Solution’s family of companies, which seeks to drive innovative health solutions. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
LifeMap is a life and disability insurance company, which offers additional benefits such as dental, vision, and short term medical coverage, to provide financial protection and access to care. People do business with us because of our high value products, our easy-to-understand language and our personalized service. We provide thoughtful guidance to help people choose the coverage they truly need through life’s transitions.
Cambia Health Solutions is a nonprofit total health solutions company with community roots dating back to 1917. We advocate for transforming the health care system by making health care more affordable and accessible, increasing consumers’ engagement in their health care decisions, and offering a diverse range of products and services that promote the health and wellbeing of our members. Cambia's portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]