At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
2019 IBM GTS Graduate IT Specialist - Auckland
Work in a role where no two days are the same
- Permanent position
Drawing on resources from across IBM and key IBM Business Partners, IBM offers a wide range of services, solutions and technologies that enable customers, large and small, to take full advantage of e-business.
Global Technology Services (GTS) provides future ready IT infrastructure and outsourcing to our clients. GTS encompasses several areas of focus, including Infrastructure Services Delivery, Client Management, Service Lines (Sales) and Technical Support Services (TSS).
Types of Roles Include:
- Technical Support Specialist or Systems Support Specialist
- Systems Administrator - Linux
- Unix Systems Administrator
Relevant work experience in one or more of the following: knowledge or experience with technical infrastructure such as network, server or storage technologies; work or university experience in infrastructure installation, implementation, design, or support; project management or leadership experience; sales experience; or systems support.
Graduate Program Offerings:
- Targeted training
- Rotation program
- 6 monthly assessment and performance feedback
- Formal Mentoring program
- Structured skills and career development
- Monthly professional development forum
- Recognition event for top performing Graduates
- Peer support through the Graduate Network
What skills will I need?
- MS Office Experience and Lotus Notes
- Understanding of Infrastructure environments, platforms installation and configuration.
- Experience in working in a project team environment, ideally in IT infrastructure
- Strong presentation skills
- Outstanding customer relationship skills
- Clear and articulate verbal and written communication.
- High degree of analytical ability & creativity in resolving problems
- Team player
- Ability to multi-task and think on your feet
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Automation with Ansible knowledge
- Knowledge of Redhat Linux
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Graduates must be an Australian or New Zealand Permanent Resident or Citizen
- Have at least a credit average at university.
- A tertiary degree from an AU/NZ University, having completed last subject no earlier than 2017.
- Have no more than 2 years (full time) relevant work experience
- Must be able to travel
Sign me up!
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM – click “Apply” today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we [...]