The Home Chef team is a unique mix of chefs, creators, entrepreneurs, and trailblazers. By combining our diverse backgrounds, distinct talents, and consistent willingness to support one another, we’re building new ways to navigate the booming meal kit industry.
Our team runs on a spirit of autonomy, trust, and inclusion that allows for quick decisions and inventive thinking. Our organic growth is supported by our employee’s constant eagerness to suggest and try new things. It’s the same energy, combined with our customer-first mentality, that landed us Built in Chicago’s Startup of the Year Moxie award.
We’re growing quickly, across all departments, locations, and levels. Our extraordinary management team is simultaneously humble and inspiring, taking cues from our CEO who recently was honored as EY’s Entrepreneur of the Year.
We encourage our employees to go as far as their ambitions take them while we equally strive to create a fun work environment. We know that fun at work doesn’t always mean a ping pong table - it can mean collaboration, communication, and creating new ideas and projects with your colleagues. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
We believe in Home Chef and we take great pride in how we, as individuals, contribute to company growth.
Trust & Respect
Our team runs on a spirit of autonomy, trust, and inclusion that allows for quick decisions and inventive thinking.
With a team consisting of a unique mix of creators, chefs, entrepreneurs, and trailblazers, we have been able to collaborate and grow into the company we are today.
We all show up authentically at Home Chef. Our team includes individuals with a variety of identities, backgrounds, and perspectives. You can trust that you’ll be able to bring your whole self to an inclusive and enjoyable workplace because at Home Chef, we celebrate variety as the spice of life- not only in the delicious home-cooked meals that bring us together, but in our people, customers, business partners and our communities.
Our employee recognition groups and our DEI council play an integral role in how we implement culture and belonging at Home Chef. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where the essential ingredients - psychological safety, empathy, awareness, and growth mindset - are embraced by our entire organization and by all levels of the organization. We pledge to build business practices that make Home Chef a place people are proud to work and an environment that allows ALL employees to reach their full potential.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401k Employer match - 50% on the $1, up to 6% of the employee's earnings
- We offer flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, or Transit expenses
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days
- Generous Parental Leave
- Great Work/Life Balance – We value and support each individual team member
- Quarterly company-wide “Town Hall” meetings
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop, plus an extra screen
- Onsite gym
- Weekly Fooda credit
- Newly renovated office in the historic Old Main Post Office which is located close to multiple Metra and CTA options
- Employee discounts through Perkspot
- Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment