Ballentine Partners is a leading independent wealth management firm headquartered in the Boston area, with additional offices in Florida and New Hampshire and clients worldwide. Our client families rely on us to be their most trusted advisor. We work hard to help them simplify their complex financial lives and ensure the impact of their wealth is aligned with their goals. We believe a healthy work-life balance is integral to success, and our compensation philosophy and team structure foster a collegial work environment. We are truly a team; we believe in one another and support each other as we work toward a common goal. We are looking for passionate, caring, curious, innovative, and collaborative individuals to join our firm.
Help families articulate and achieve their aspirations
PRIORITIZE CLIENTS - Put our clients first, always
INTEGRITY - Demonstrate honesty and integrity in everything we do
LEADERSHIP - Strive to be the best at what we do
DIVERSITY - Embrace differences and treat all with respect
RESPONSIBILITY - Take initiative, be responsible and accountable
After the death of George Floyd on May 25, 2020, Ballentine Partners made a public Racial Equity Commitment which included nine objectives listed below. To see where we are on each objective at the end of 2021 please review our Impact Report.
1. We are assessing all of our vendors to look for opportunities to buy from Black-owned businesses
2. We are reviewing the network of professional advisors that we bring to our clients to ensure that it is sufficiently inclusive, and we are spending time and resources connecting with affinity groups that consist of more people of color
3. We are building an Impact Investing offering that includes a mandate more explicitly devoted to racial equity
4. We are convening a conversation among our clients who would like to have an opportunity to connect with others moved to address these issues
5. Our internal DEI task force is hosting a series of recurring internal conversations to keep this topic front of mind and ensure that we nurture a firm culture that is inclusive and anti-racist and that we all do our part to end discrimination and intolerance and promote justice, reconciliation, and healing
6. We are making sure that our people have time and permission to attend peaceful demonstrations of solidarity
7. We are matching employee donations to organizations that are addressing issues of racial injustice
8. Improve our own diversity through revised hiring practices
9. Be a leader in diversifying our industry and the wealth management advising space
Ballentine Partners offers a wide array of benefits 100% firm paid including dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance as well as cost sharing on medical insurance. We also offer a 401k plan with discretionary match.
We offer extensive time off benefits including vacation time, unlimited personal sick time, paid family sick leave, paid parental leave, sabbaticals, community time off and so much more.
We have a corporate matching program for donations, offer child care stipends, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts as well as support certifications and continuing education for our team members including student loan repayment benefits.
Ballentine is a family friendly and flexible work environment. We operate in a hybrid model which requires all staff to be in one of our offices on Thursdays from September to June to collaborate and celebrate together. To allow for more time with family during the precious summer months, we waive the requirement for July and August, referring to it as "Work from Anywhere".
PROBLEM SOLVING - Solve clients’ puzzles and simplify lives
INTELLECTUAL CURIOSITY - Challenge conventional thinking
GROWTH MINDSET - Cultivate the growth of clients and colleagues
INCLUSION - Welcome diverse ideas and opinions
BALANCE - Strive for balance in work, family, and community life
“We are not only environmentally responsible. We are also socially responsible, future-looking, financially responsible, and focused on the long-term health of our business, our client families, our employees, our society, and the planet.” - Ballentine Partners definition of corporate social responsibility
This focus on sustainability causes us to invest in our employees, engage meaningfully with our clients on their toughest challenges, offer clients impact investing opportunities, maintain forwardlooking leadership and governance practices, make mindful operational choices, and engage with the community. Our sustainability efforts encompass the entire organization and are incorporated throughout all departments, functions, operations, and business activities.