In many countries women who return to work after having a baby (or a long break) continue to earn less than men for many years. They end up paying a “mummy-tax” due to either part-time work, less experience or missed promotions.
What can be done to level the playing fields?
Join us on August 29th, 11am EST on #Sayftychat (twitter) to discuss Brining Women Back to Work. Together we will discuss personal stories, and talk about these 5 questions and more:
1. Numerous Gender Diversity drives & Returnship hiring programs have been launched by organizations. Do you think these efforts are working in increasing the Women in the workforce. Why?
2. What role do men of the family play in making the returning decision for a woman, feasible and sustainable? Why?
3. What in your opinion, happens to the Gender Wage gap in case of returning women?
4. How can Women help themselves in their effort to re-join the workforce? Can Corporates pitch in here?
5. What role do you think education & technology play in Bringing Women Back into the workforce?
Join us to share your experience about returning back to work after a long break or after a baby. What are some factors that have made the transitions smooth (or not). What other questions would you like to raise and discuss with our #GenderEquality community on Twitter?
Share your questions and views in the comments below.
#SayftyChat is a weekly, hour-long, Twitter chat happening Mondays at 11am ET created by Sayfty that will explore topics related to women's safety and preventing violence against women. To learn more about it visit: http://sayfty.com/sayftychat/
Sayfty is an organization who's mission is to educate, equip and empower women and girls against violence.
Dr. Shruti Kapoor is the Founder of Sayfty, an organization that educates, equips and empowers women and girls against violence. The White House recently selected her as a nominated change maker for the WomenOfState Summit. Dr. Kapoor has received several awards including the International Women of [...]