In this episode Joel and Antonia talk about the Introvert Advantage in a world that is becoming more and more extraverted.
In this podcast on the Introvert Advantage you’ll find:
- Introversion gets a lot of misunderstanding. People in general have a lot of confusion about introversion and extraversion.
- Do introverts have a disadvantage in this world? Do they have issues that are very unique to them?
- There are a lot of great performers that are introverts who can perform and speak very well.
- In business, life and social circles, people are expected to be extroverts. Public speaking, for example, is a challenge for some people.
- Introverts need time to be alone in order to recover their energy while extraverts get their energy by being in the environment and interacting with people.
- Energy is being managed differently by introverts and extraverts.
- Introverts – Inner world is the real world. When the outer world isn’t mirroring their inner world experience, they reconcile both worlds which takes too much energy.
- Extraverts – Outer world is the real world. Spending too much time alone drains their energy. In order to understand what’s really going on, they have to go outside of themselves.
- The outer world doesn’t specifically have to be people.
- When you understand people at a profound level, you can see and understand where they are coming from.
- Introverts have a great advantage to grow than extraverts.
- If you are an introvert, developing your extraverted process is the path to growth.
- Extraverts may find it more comfortable to live in an over communicated world, but it’s not helping them to develop their introverted process.
- Introverts need time to think and consider what they have to say.
- Every single personality type has a breakdown of 8 mental processes. 2 of these processes are the preferred way of navigating the world which balances human beings.
- Not all kinds of extraversion is equal for all personality types. It helps if you know your personality type and the style of extraversion that is the growth path for your personality type.
- One of the best things you can do to begin your personal growth journey is to know your personality. Knowing what kind of extraversion you’re going to grow as introvert is powerful.