Random Acts of Kindness Week (#RAKWeek2017) starts tomorrow -- are you ready? Seven full days of selfless deeds just to make someone else smile. Does it get any better than that?
Looking for ideas when it comes to practicing random acts of kindness? Try one of these every day this week -- I'd love to hear how it goes!
▪ Compliment at least one person every day.
▪ Pay it forward -- pick up the tab for the person behind you in line, whether it's at a coffee counter or waiting in line for the train.
▪ Surprise a loved one with a small but meaningful token of affection -- a favorite bottle of wine, for example.
▪ Stop and help someone pick up heavy items or reach something on a high shelf.
▪ Bring goodies in for the whole office. Healthy treats let them know you care all that much more.
▪ Know someone that's under a lot of pressure? Give them a gift card for takeout so they don't have to worry about preparing a meal when they arrive home.
▪ Volunteer to spend time with an elderly person that has no one to visit them. Isolation can have negative effects on not only their mental but their physical health as well.
▪ Write notes to each of your family members telling them how much you love them. Leave them in unexpected places like a jacket pocket or on the bathroom mirror.
▪ Keep a handful of $5 restaurant gift cards with you. If you see someone that looks like they could use a meal, give them one.
▪ Open doors for strangers. A little courtesy goes a long way.
▪ On the topic of lonely seniors -- get involved with Love for the Elderly -- you'd be surprised how far a simple letter can go with someone that thinks they're all alone.
Share kindness spontaneously. If it feels right in the moment, then do it, whatever it is!
You Might Also Like
Whine, Indulge, Repeat
This Is Why You Live In The Feeling Of Your Thinking And Experience Life From Inside Out