The weather may be playing serious games with our hearts, but that's no reason to postpone getting your spring cocktail buzz on! Start a new tradition and host your own spring happy hour or a spring day drink with your gal pals. Prepare these light and tasty recipes by celebrity caterer Andrea Correale, the founder and CEO of Elegant Affairs, serving the Hamptons. Andrea has catered for some of the biggest celebrities including Jimmy Fallon, Mariah Carey, Kevin Spacey and Liam Neeson. Whether it's raining or, dare I say, snowing outside, these seasonally inspired concoctions will transport you to sunny skies and fruity goodness! You and your friends could be sitting outside on your porch, chatting and laughing while sipping on these cocktails. They're like spring in a glass. That’s Fresh.
Raspberry Mint Lemonade
- 2 oz. Trip Sec
- 2 oz. Limoncello
- 1 handful of raspberries
- 2 oz. Mint Leaves
- Dash of grenadine for color
- Juice of two lemons
- Club Soda
- Add raspberries and mint to the bottom of the glass and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Muddle these ingredients until it has the appearance of jam.
- Add the Triple Sec, Limoncello and lemon juice to your glass.
- Add a dash of grenadine for color, and then add the ice and top if off with club soda.
- Stir and serve with a sprig of fresh mint on top.
Sparkling Blood Orange Cocktail
- 1/4 crème de cassis
- 1 1/2 cups strained fresh blood orange juice
- 1 750-ml bottle chilled sparking white wine
- 8 blood orange slices
- Start with 1 ½ teaspoons crème de cassis.
- Add 3 tbsp. blood orange juice to each glass.
- Fill each glass with sparkling white wine, then stir gently.
- Garnish cocktails with slices of blood orange.
Prink Grapefruit Punch
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 15 fresh mint sprigs, divided
- 4 cups strained fresh pink grapefruit juice
- 2 ½ cups bourbon
- 12 dashes angostura bitters
- 1 cup club soda
- 1 ice block
- Stir 1/3 cup water and sugar in small saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat and bring to boil.
- Add 5 fresh mint sprigs. Remove from heat; cool syrup completely.
- Strain syrup into punch bowl.
- Add juice, bourbon, and bitters; mix in soda and 10 mint sprigs.
- Add ice to bowl.
- Use pretty fresh fruit for garnish.
ENJOY my friends!
You Might Also Like
Gift of Love: 4 Reasons Why Love With Food is the PERFECT Go-To Gift this Holiday Season
This Woman's Experience with Blue Apron is a Must Read