Arthritis is a major bone and joint disease which causes severe inflammation and swelling of the joints of hips and knees. This majorly happens during ageing of the bones and thus most commonly occurs in old age groups. Osteoarthritis is the most common type of arthritis found in this age group and is also known as degenerative joint disease or age-related arthritis. This disease also leads to brittle bones causing sudden breakdowns or fracture. The breakdown also causes internal swelling, secretion from vessels, immense pain, swelling and deformity and also a breakdown of cartilage tissue. A cartilage functions as a conjunction between bones and bones and its firm, rubber-like structure also works a shock absorbed. Primarily made up of water and proteins, they can change shape when compressed. And this is the bad news because a cartilage never regenerates itself.
The two main types of osteoarthritis are:
1. Primary: affects the fingers, thumbs, spine, hips, and knees
2. Secondary: it's an aftermath which means it occurs after injury or inflammation in a joint. This may also affect the composition of the cartilage, such as hemochromatosis.
People with hip osteoarthritis have always issues while walking, sitting and jumping. Sudden movements always give pain in certain locations such as groins, thigh, buttocks, or knee. One can feel their hip often stiff and painful.
Major Causes Of Hip Joint Osteoarthritis
There are some major causes like age, overweight, accidental injury and etc. Here are some other factors which a surgeon never neglects while screening medical history of the patient:
• By birth or after some surgery, if by chance the joints have not formed or joined properly.
• Genetic defects in the cartilage is another problem.
• People tend to put extra weight on some of their body's side and due to overbearing of weight on that particular joint, it may cause osteoarthritis.
Symptoms of Hip Osteoarthritis
If any of these following symptoms are showing in your case then call your doctor for best total hip replacement in Delhi and India.
• Joint stiffness when you are getting up or sitting down
• Severe pain, swelling, or tenderness in and around the hip joint
• Crunching sound while rubbing bones against one another
• Doing daily chores will even get worse and you will unable to perform any kind of movements.
Other than hip replacement surgery, one can also opt for these alternatives such as:
• Rest and joint care
• Use of a cane to take weight off the affected hip
• Nondrug pain relief techniques to control pain
• Losing excess weight
• Medications, including acetaminophen, ibuprofen or any prescribed pain medicine
• Complementary and alternative therapies
The medications, exercises and surgery will help to improve the person's mobility. It improves the functioning of hips and controls pain.
Osteoarthritis can be treated with hip replacement surgery in which the damaged ball is replaced with a metal ball. Surgivisor provides a complete list of best orthopaedic hospitals in Delhi NCR and India. Visit surgivisor.com to get best bone surgery under budget.
You Might Also Like
Mogul Announces the Top 30 Fitness Stars of 2016
This Nurse Got The Surprise Of A Lifetime By Accidentally Meeting Her Long Lost Father.