The landscape for job seekers today can be difficult. This means not only nailing the interview questions and researching the company but ensuring you are asking the right kinds of questions of the interviewer as well. If you ask interesting and compelling questions it will help separate you from the rest of the competition.
On that note, we have come up with some of the best interview questions to ask. Here they are below:
Interview questions to ask about the company
• What does the company value most? How will this role further those values?
• How would you describe the culture here? Can you give me some examples of the most and least desirable aspects of the company’s culture?
• How does this company define and measure success?
• Where would the company like to be in five years?
Interview questions to ask about the job
• Thinking back to others that have been in this or similar roles previously — what has been the difference between a good performance and a great one?
• Could you describe this position in your own words?
• What’s the most important thing I can accomplish in the first 60 days?
• What are the biggest challenges the person in this position will face?
• What would a successful first year in the position look like?
• How will the success of the person in this position be measured?
Interview questions to ask the interviewer
• How long have you been with the company?
• What do you enjoy most about working here?
• What skills do you think are most useful to your success here?
• Is there any aspect of the work/culture you wish you could change?
Bonus interview questions to ask
• How long is the average tenure of an employee?
• Are there any concerns you have about my candidacy that I could address now?
• What is the next step in the hiring process?
• When can I expect to hear back?
• By when do you hope to make someone an offer?
• When is the anticipated starting date for this position?
• Whom should I reach out to if I have any further questions?