Soul Mates is a term that is thrown around a lot lately, leaving couples to wonder, are you my Soul mate? Others just wonder, what in the world is a Soul Mate?
Simply put, romantic Soul Mates are two people who love each with their entire hearts, souls, minds, and bodies, and who commit to each other and who also commit to healing.
Finding a Soul Mate is one thing, but maintaining a Soul Mate relationship is where most of us fall short. Try answering the following six questions as honestly as you can.
1. Do you and your partner love each other with your hearts? Loving from your heart means loving your mate unconditionally, passionately, and patiently. You both know how to comfort each other in times of need, and you provide a safe space for each other to confess your deepest desires and most dreaded fears. You listen to each other with an open heart and non-judgmental ears. You forgive each other your trespasses and honestly try not to commit those same sins again.
2. Do you and your partner love each other with your souls? Loving from the soul means that you bring out the best in each other (most of the time), and that your love allows room for the two of you to grow and evolve in the context of the relationship. Loving from the soul allows both of you to see the higher purpose in your relationship. You enjoy doing soulful things together, such as listening to music, taking romantic walks, or enjoying the beauty of nature. You also enjoy a good laugh together, which is one of the most soulful experiences in the universe.
3. Do you and your partner love each other with your minds? This means that you communicate well and have similar values and goals. You can stimulate and challenge each other intellectually. Soul Mates are first and foremost the best of friends to each other.
4. Do you love each other with your bodies? This means that you are passionate about your lovemaking and that you are affectionate to each other in and out of the bedroom.
5. Do you treat each other as two equals? No one is the boss or mommy or daddy to the other who won't grow up.
6. Are you both committed to healing your issues? You won't be able to maintain Soul Mate love over the long haul if either one of you can't heal your childhood wounds, or cure your addictions. Our unhealed issues eventually corrode the best of relationships, so owning and carrying your own baggage is paramount in your quest to maintain a higher love.
If you answered the above questions with a resounding "yes," then you have not only found yourself a Soul Mate, but you are maintaining that God-given, healthy, healing relationship. Get out the bubbly. Soul Mate love is as good as it gets!
Cindi Sansone-Braff, is the Romance Whisperer, and the author of the spiritual, self-help relationship book, Grant Me a Higher Love: How to Go from the Relationship from Hell to One that's Heaven Sent by Scaling The Ladder of Love. Visit her web site at:www.grantmeahigherlove.com
You Might Also Like
Thank You, Heartbreak: Spotlighting Creatives #12
Remember Me, Babe