Coffee is enjoyed by millions of people around the world, yet few completely understand the positive health effects this strong brew can provide.
Take a look at these nine primary benefits while you enjoy your daily cup, and after learning all the advantages that cup can provide, you may just have you reaching for a second!
1. It increases our physical performance by behaving like fuel. Drinking one cup an hour before physical exertion can keep you going longer.
2. Coffee contains higher levels of antioxidants than green tea. In fact, multiple studies have shown coffee to be the main source of antioxidants for a significant portion of individuals.
3. People who drink coffee are actually at a lower risk of developing severe health issues like type 2 diabetes. Studies have also shown it decreases your risk of cardiovascular disease as well.
4. The caffeine found in coffee also helps to assist brain function. By keeping your wits sharp, and improving reaction time, coffee drinkers have better brain function
5. All these brain function improvements have a second, critical, health benefit. It can reduce the risk that you will develop issues like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease later on in life.
6. Coffee improves your mood, allowing you to feel happier after drinking a cup. These depression protection effects are linked to antioxidants found in caffeine.
7. People who drink coffee tend to live longer than those who do not. It helps to protect vital functions like cholesterol intake and blood pressure. It also contributes to negate the effects of heart disease and protects consumers from premature death.
8. Since laziness isn't typically a dominant trait in coffee drinkers, it also helps to negate the effects of obesity. In fact, coffee itself burns fat, and many supplements sold to do just that contain significant amounts of caffeine.
To be exact, coffee helps to increase your resting metabolic rate by anywhere from 3 to 11 percent.
9. One benefit of drinking coffee that is particular to women is that it reduces the risks of contracting skin cancer. A study carried out by Brigham & Women's Hospital, in conjunction with Harvard Medical School, showed that women who consumed a minimum of three cups of coffee per day were drastically less likely to develop skin cancer versus women who did not.
This Infographic was produced by Neave at Coffeeholic.link. For up-to-date Coffee equipment guides as well as tips and tricks check out my blog.