If you have ever seen a pumpkin being cooked, you would know that it has seeds in the middle that are mixed with some fruit fresh. Mostly, when the pumpkin is chopped, these seeds are removed for disposal. However, these seeds are jewels in disguise if we talk about their health benefit! Surprised?
Pumpkin seeds are loaded with multiple minerals that help to empower human body. Did you know? Pumpkin seeds are an amazing source of Zinc and Magnesium along with copper, manganese and many others. Now if you are wondering about how to consume these seeds then you are going to love them as these seeds do not require any special preparations. You can either have Raw pumpkin seeds or you can roast them, add to your baked preparations like bread, muffins, cakes etc. or you can add them to a salad or simply make a pesto.
Now here is a simple recipe that you can follow to make delicious roasted pumpkin snack.
• Take the pumpkin and scoop out the seeds from the hollow middle of the fruit with any wide and flat spoon. Empty everything in a bowl.
• When you will scrap off the seeds, there are fair chances that you might scrap the pump of the pumpkin too. If you do it cleanly, the pumpkin seeds have a string of pumpkin flesh in between them. To cook those seeds you will have to clean the seeds from the flesh. For this, put the seeds in a strainer and run it under the flowing tap water.
• Take the clean white seeds and spread them on a baking tray evenly. Coat the seeds with a little olive oil. It's now time to season the seeds with your favorite herbs and spices, you can use different spices like cayenne pepper, chili flakes, salt or oregano. You can experiment with different batches of seeds with a variety of spices of your choice.
• Mix everything well so that your seeds are evenly flavored.
• Roast them up! Bake these seeds at 180-degree C or 350-degree F for about 10-15 minutes. You will know that your seeds are ready when they turn their color from white or cream to golden brown.
• Leave it cool. You can serve them right away when you feel that they won’t burn the tongue.
If you don’t have enough pumpkin seeds from the fruit, don’t worry. There are many whole sellers and supplier that sell organic pumpkin seeds for consumption. You can also order these Kaddu Beej in Bulk from online traders.
• If you feel that you want to store them, make sure that you always use an air-tight container to keep them crunchy and crispy for a longer time. These can be a good snack to have with your tea in the evening time.