Are you equally comfortable digging into business requirements as drilling into architecture and design with development teams? As a Technical Program Manager (TPM), you will have a key role in creating our technology backbone. You will drive planning, coordination, and delivery of complex software projects. You will collaborate with engineering and product leaders in creating inspiring technology roadmaps, motivating engineers, and driving adoption of new capabilities.
At Flatiron Health we build and run an electronic health record system that powers all of the patient care in over 270 oncology clinics, data processing pipelines, algorithmic and human-operated data curation tools, and customer-facing data analytics and visualization products. We build elegant treatment management tools and systems that clean, structure and understand clinical patient-level data as we build the largest, most comprehensive set of oncology data intelligence. We scale pipelines to handle the world's oncology data with creative engineering solutions to open-ended oncology data and product problems. We build tools and platforms to allow us to generate scientific evidence with a multidisciplinary team of software engineers, biostatisticians, and physicians.
We are looking for seasoned TPMs with experience in managing bleeding-edge technology projects and a passion for solving problems through software.
- Create detailed roadmaps, prioritize relentlessly, and communicate trade-offs both internally and externally.
- Manage and drive software projects with high technical risk and high coordination complexity.
- Collaborate with engineering and product stakeholders across multiple teams, gathering requirements, coordinating dependencies, and identifying risks and opportunities.
- Ensure pristine project execution through documenting detailed plans, tracking and communicating status regularly, and course-adjusting to mitigate internal and external risks.
- Identify and fix process gaps around execution, roll-out, and ongoing support of software projects
- Communicate and evangelize the value of technical infrastructures to the business stakeholders.
- Design, implement, drive, and maintain a quality process in engineering.
- Write technical and non-technical documents to pitch, document, and report on projects.
- 5+ years experience as a technical product / engineering lead / program manager in a software, SaaS, or systems development environment
- BA/BS degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Strong project management skills and excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong understanding of software projects’ development, roll-out, and support risks
- Strong technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges, and risks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success in delivering software product features or platforms in a high-paced, fast-growing technology environment.
- Ability to influence, motivate, and hold software developers accountable through empathy to developers and developers’ productivity
- Ability to influence and align product and business stakeholders through your relationships
- Ability to use metrics and data to drive decisions
- Past experience coding in a modern object oriented programming language (Java, C++, C#, or Python)
Flatiron Health is made up of a cross functional, world-class team of about 400 employees and growing. To date, we’ve received $328 million in funding, led mostly by Google Ventures and Roche. We're passionate, curious individuals from a wide range of backgrounds, dedicated to improving treatment for cancer patients and accelerating cancer research. We brought this position to Mogul to extend more STEM opportunities to women, as STEM fields are notoriously dominated by men.