Who We Are:
ThoughtFocus is a privately held IT services, software engineering and business process management firm with offices in the US, India and the Philippines. It helps clients in the financial services, manufacturing, education, aerospace and technology industries with their key business and technology challenges. ThoughtFocus brings critical program acceleration to client initiatives while minimizing costs and risks with intellectual capital, technical and process frameworks, operating models and software infrastructure
We have 1,300+ employees globally and is growing rapidly across all its offices. In the US ThoughtFocus has locations in California, New York, New Jersey, Wisconsin, Georgia and Texas. As an organization, ThoughtFocus strives to build lasting relationships. ThoughtFocus was founded in 2004 and continues to be an employee owned company with a minority investment from the Blackstone Group.
Participate on project teams as appropriate to implement new system functionality within the PeopleSoft HCM application. Analyze, test and document custom modifications required to address University business requirements. Support the HR / Student split activities and Campus solutions upgrade from 9.0 to 9.2
- Create new technical development without assistance from other analysts based on functional specifications.
- Support technical development of the PeopleSoft HCM application using PeopleTools, PeopleCode, Web Services, Integration Broker, Application Designer, Application Messaging, Application Engine, complex SQR, etc.
- Mentor and assist Technical Developer/Analysts on development efforts, best practices and documentation.
- Lead and participate on project teams to implement new system functionality within the PeopleSoft HCM application.
- Analyze, design, code, and unit test application solutions from requirements using defined processes and procedures.
- Present analysis to management and other project teams.
- Document code changes throughout the development process.
- Provide estimates and timeframes for development work and deliverables.
- Deliver effective solutions on time and adhere to development and quality standards.
- Communicate and enforce best practice coding standards.
- Undertake special projects as directed including working with other subject matter experts (SME) teams to facilitate cross training and coverage of all application areas.
Required skills and experience: -This position requires a BA/BS in Computer Science or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience, as well as course work in the PeopleSoft Campus Solutions application.
- Minimum 5-8 years of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions experience working with the PeopleSoft HCM application is required.
- Proficient knowledge of PeopleSoft rules-based processing.
- Expertise with Web Services, PeopleSoft Update Manager (PUM) or Change Assistant.
- Expert level functional/technical knowledge across Student Records, Campus Community, Student Financials, Financial Aid
- Excellent application implementation life cycle skills including experience developing requirements, fit/gap analysis, application configuration and security functional specifications and the ability to translate business requirements into functional designs.
-Excellent written and advanced verbal communication skills (including exceptional listening mentoring and collaboration abilities).
-Working knowledge and experience with University practices and systems in a higher education environment and proficient knowledge of PeopleSoft rules based processing is preferred.
Life at ThoughtFocus:
ThoughtFocus is a global company that brings together skilled professionals from many diverse industries and experiences. Within a broad framework of teamwork, knowledge sharing, and collaboration, we encourage our associates to achieve and excel in ways they may never have imagined for themselves.
Solving complicated client problems requires great people. ThoughtFocus is a firm built on the talent of its people. We work hard every day to nurture and expand the capabilities of our team members. As a member of the ThoughtFocus team you will be challenged every day to deliver innovative business solutions, elegant technology, and sophisticated business services focused on our clients end goals.
Affirmative Action Statement:
ThoughtFocus adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
ThoughtFocus, a global IT consulting, product engineering, and business process management company, brings together skilled professionals from many diverse industries and experiences all oriented on our clients success.